Dark flake shenanigans....

craig

Good afternoon gentlemen.
Me and @WalkinStick are in contact most days, and during these chats he has a lot of light hearted ribbing towards my tastes in tobacco saying they ate nicotine free, hot scented steam etc etc.
So I decided to try his daily bread and see what the fuss was about.
That is dark flake unscented.

Out of the pouch it smells rather nice, quite smokey and very deep.
Rubs out easy enough and I filled my Cob.

Half way down it had me on the verge of vomiting with its sheer brute tour de force of strength.
The taste is also quite nice, very savoury, very rich almost like a good steak for want of a better phrase.
It's nicotine content knocked me on my :ass:.
This is not a tobacco for a nicotine Nancy, this time last year I probably could of handled it before I lost a ton of weight (about 65 lbs), now, not a chance in hell.
This tobacco almost boarders on maschochism, I know a lot on here enjoy it, personally, the strength of it not so much.

You hog rough lads can have it wrapped in gilded wrapping paper, I'll stick to amphora and ennerdale and scottish Mixture thanks.

millarddj

Perpetual whippersnapper
Patron
I think my reaction would be the same. I do not like getting to the "sick" levels of nicotine intake, and I don't have much of a warning threshold before I get there. These heavy flakes are right off the table for me in anything beyond half-bowl quantity (or maybe even that, by the sounds of this one).

PipeHaze

I think my reaction would be the same. I do not like getting to the "sick" levels of nicotine intake, and I don't have much of a warning threshold before I get there. These heavy flakes are right off the table for me in anything beyond half-bowl quantity (or maybe even that, by the sounds of this one).
I think I dropped you some. It might be the sample that dried out.

craig

Hey @craig, if you could please, relay the message to Stick that we miss him and hope he is doing well.
Relayed mate, jake is currently alive, ripping me about my tobacco choices on a daily basis and been a fantastic help and support to myself due to certain issues I'm dealing with, he is slammed to hell with busyness to get on but wishes you all well.

Grimpeur

Craig, I feel the same way about Dark Flake: it's for hooligans and ne'er-do-wells.

And yet, slip that iron fist into a velvet glove, i.e., try Dark Flake Scented, and for some reason, I can handle it. Maybe not all day, every day, but certainly several times in a day.

Try adding 25g when you next order...

craig

Craig, I feel the same way about Dark Flake: it's for hooligans and ne'er-do-wells.

And yet, slip that iron fist into a velvet glove, i.e., try Dark Flake Scented, and for some reason, I can handle it. Maybe not all day, every day, but certainly several times in a day.

Try adding 25g when you next order...
I would rather not.....the dark flake and any of its incarnations are never darkening my doorways ever again....

Ozark Wizard

Old Ted Award Winner
I would rather not.....the dark flake and any of its incarnations are never darkening my doorways ever again....
Hahaha! I still have a stash of that and 1792 in case there's someone who smokes cigs without filters and laughs at me for pipe smoking, and say there's no nic kick. I hand them a cob of rope coins or some of that dark flake or plug and watch them eat their words. A few wee drams of corn squeezins gets a more forthcoming response on occasion.

"Wow this is pretty tasty"

I smile. "Yup, not bad for pipe tobacco"I reply.
"Woah, I'm getting dizzy. What did you put in this?"
"Nothing. Just some old pipe tobacco I've got laying around. Pretty smooth, eh? Mostly Virginia leaf." I replied.
A few more puffs and the guest starts to turn green and slide out of their chair. "You said Virginia's are not as strong as burleys," they slur.

I'll give them a nod. "They're not. Mostly. Can I get some bread and water for you? It might help"

WZ8FQAZ.gif

craig

Hahaha! I still have a stash of that and 1792 in case there's someone who smokes cigs without filters and laughs at me for pipe smoking, and say there's no nic kick. I hand them a cob of rope coins or some of that dark flake or plug and watch them eat their words. A few wee drams of corn squeezins gets a more forthcoming response on occasion.

"Wow this is pretty tasty"

I smile. "Yup, not bad for pipe tobacco"I reply.
"Woah, I'm getting dizzy. What did you put in this?"
"Nothing. Just some old pipe tobacco I've got laying around. Pretty smooth, eh? Mostly Virginia leaf." I replied.
A few more puffs and the guest starts to turn green and slide out of their chair. "You said Virginia's are not as strong as burleys," they slur.

I'll give them a nod. "They're not. Mostly. Can I get some bread and water for you? It might help"

View attachment 39313
Haha oh now you mention it.... 1792 is in the same camp as dark flake..... Never again.