What's new

Demise of Dunhill

blackmouth210

We all appreciate the thought behind your post @Bees, but if I had a tin of Dunhill for every thread saying there is no more dunhill then I would be a rich man!
Here! Here!
A reader can only stand so many RIP Dunhill threads....especially since the blends may continue under a different name once the blenders make their money off the panic buys.

Regardless, maybe PSD leaders should put a huge banner on top of the home page letting everyone know the news has been delivered to minimize the redundancy.
Otherwise we'll have at least another 10 of these threads by November.

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
One can attack by sarcasm, attacking the topic, lots of ways. In as much as a moderator even piled on, I'll just say goodbye to PSD. I'll not be missed. It's ok.
One can attack by sarcasm, attacking the topic, lots of ways. In as much as a moderator even piled on, I'll just say goodbye to PSD. I'll not be missed. It's ok.
Bees has an excellent sense of humor and none of these posts were attacks. The Moderator "piling on" was a joke going back to the PSF days when rumors of McClelland closing resulted in roughly 263 threads being spawned in the course of a week.

If Bees had taken offense, and he didn't, he would have let us know. If you have a grievance it is best to PM a Staff Member, not just quit and leave a stink bomb.

Last edited:

Bees

Bees has an excellent sense of humor and none of these posts were attacks. The Moderator "piling on" was a joke going back to the PSF days when rumors of McClelland closing resulted in roughly 263 threads being spawned in the course of a week.

If Bees had taken offense, and he didn't, he would have let us know. If you have a grievance it is best to PM a Staff Member, not just quit and leave a stink bomb.

@Spillproof has captured the essence of this in his welcome erudite way. I have never taken a fence, hmmm but maybe the odd garden gate. I think those that know me will tell you I don’t get cranked as our American cousins may say. Leg pulling is an old English pastime. As I said I was sirening the fact that stocks are becoming hard to get. I hadn’t realised that across the pond the stocks had depleted.

Bees

jpberg

The Worst Thing about the Internet
Staff member
Sales
@Spillproof has captured the essence of this in his welcome erudite way. I have never taken a fence, hmmm but maybe the odd garden gate. I think those that know me will tell you I don’t get cranked as our American cousins may say. Leg pulling is an old English pastime. As I said I was sirening the fact that stocks are becoming hard to get. I hadn’t realised that across the pond the stocks had depleted.

Bees
You know that really bad jokes can get you banned, right?

daveinlax

I thought there was a pipe dream rumour that those blends were going to be picked up by someone else. Am I off base?
Sort of. But even that is very old news.
I was surprised Scandinavian tobacco group didnt
Take them over I was not upset when kentuckyclub mild was cancelled
Not a Chance. STG's total sales in a year might be less than Bat's Dunhill brand does in a day or two. Dunhill is a worldwide brand leader even without pipe tobacco and cigars. :geek: