What's new

Dirty English

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member
Here's another one: "one of Cornell and Diehl's oldest blends" -- Constellation (burley, latakia, virginia, and unsweetened black cavendish). The components in this blend are well balanced -- it has plenty of latakia (but it's not a lat bomb), the burley is there for strength and makes the blend burn well, the virginia is a little sweet in the background, and the cavendish smooths things out. One thing about smoking several blends with similar ingredients is that it really helps show what different components bring to a blend. Constellation has no perique or orientals, so it's missing the spice from perique and the sweet-and-sour from orientals. It's a very pleasant smoke and I like it, but I think I prefer latakia blends with orientals and/or perique. This could be a nice change from when those blends are a bit too spicy.

JRobert

Nuclear Moderator
Staff member
Last one from this batch of samples: C&D Old Court (burley, latakia, virginia, perique, and unsweetened black cavendish). Take Constellation, remove a little of the latakia and replace it with a touch of perique. This is another well-balanced blend with none of the components really overpowering the whole. Just enough latakia so you know it's there, and enough perique for spice without being a pepper bomb. Burley backbone as always for strength. I like this one, but probably not enough to cellar pounds of it. My favorite is still Bailey's Front Porch (with Odessa and Super Balkan probably tied for second when I want some orientals in the mix). I really like these burley/latakia blends.