• Please read the rules before posting or replying here -- no banter, no off-topic replies please. Link to the rules: Old Codger Rules.

Dr Grabow Thoughts

I have 3 Dr. Grabows. All purchased around 2015. A Savoy was my first Briar after a few cobs. All smoke extremely well. I smoke with or without the filter, no issues. I would purchase another without a second guess. The stems are a little cheap but they are quite soft and the factory will swap them out for you as mentioned.

Only negative i’d say is the bowl size is on the smaller side. But they do make a Dr. Grabow Big Pipe as mentioned.

I actually see myself reaching for my Grabows more than most of my other pipes.

I missed an entire Grabow thread? I'll be back after work. Modern Grabow are all filtered and have ABS plastic stems, except for the Royalton line which comes with acrylic. Many of their pipes run on the smaller side chamber wise but as likely noted earlier in a post I haven't read they do have larger ones if you look. Think my biggest and smallest pipe are both Grabow. The Freehand have decent chambers and filtered vulcanite stems. The Big Pipe is the same. The Hillcrest line used larger blocks too and came with filtered vulcanite or acrylic. Then there's the Unique line, all handmade, massive, and virtually impossible to find due to such a limited number having been made.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
I missed an entire Grabow thread? I'll be back after work. Modern Grabow are all filtered and have ABS plastic stems, except for the Royalton line which comes with acrylic. Many of their pipes run on the smaller side chamber wise but as likely noted earlier in a post I haven't read they do have larger ones if you look. Think my biggest and smallest pipe are both Grabow. The Freehand have decent chambers and filtered vulcanite stems. The Big Pipe is the same. The Hillcrest line used larger blocks too and came with filtered vulcanite or acrylic. Then there's the Unique line, all handmade, massive, and virtually impossible to find due to such a limited number having been made.
I like the Prince and Duke you sent last year (?) Lightweight and dependable.