E.A.Carey (Europe) closing down

Marconi

Sounds like textbook brexitballs to me. The Channel Islands were never in the EU. Still, easy thing to blame for everything these days.

I can see problems, with 'brexitballs' in relation to ordering from Estervals or Hacio they presently add VAT to UK orders the DHL parcels are then delivered to your door without going anywhere near customs.From January that will change as the UK customs will have to be involved in levying VAT and any tariffs so they will be all over tobacco orders. So if you want unobtainable EU blends Capstan, HU etc I would get some in now.

Rotherdale

Pelargonium Graveolēns Et Sāpō
Patron
Bought one in the late seventies and liked it so much that I bought a few more, still have quite a few, maybe someone could start a business manufacturing the papyrus sleeves as nothing works as well for this type of system.
Sad to see them go 😒
They do say in the catalogue that they have made 'ongoing provision' for the papyrate filters through E.A.Carey (U.S.A.) .. not sure how that will work, I thought maybe one of the other UK etailers would pick them up

I received a few Magic Inch pipes from a pipe shop that was going out of business. I haven't smoked them yet, but I might as well honor the brand.
You don't have a nice pot you'd be willing to trade I suppose? :)

They do say in the catalogue that they have made 'ongoing provision' for the papyrate filters through E.A.Carey (U.S.A.) .. not sure how that will work, I thought maybe one of the other UK etailers would pick them up

You don't have a nice pot you'd be willing to trade I suppose? :)
Would certainly give someone a magic inch pipe however, won't be buying anymore until the issue of papyrus sleeves is fully clarified.

The Postman

Just got my magic inch pipe restored. Smoked it for the first time yesterday afternoon. I am a wet smoker. I salivate like a fat kid at the desert counter at golden coral. This pipe was indeed a much dryer smoke for me but I feel like Im giving up some flavor for that dry smoke. When I plugged the holes I got a lot more flavor. Just my 2 cents. Still like the pipe. CB4FA000-DEAC-4A5C-B929-153F41D14A9C.jpeg60A42654-3905-4326-A849-41F3C724F59A.jpeg

Top Bottom