Ebay Seller Changes

FrankHall

One more update, as I think this covers the end of the process: My first customer under the new 'managed payments' paid, according to ebay, February 3 at 10:00a.m., and ebay sent me an email saying "Now that you've been paid, ship....as stated in your agreement." I called ebay yesterday and we discussed. He said that ebay doesn't ever get the money - they just act as a go-between - and that it would get sent to my bank account today. Today I get an email from ebay stating that the money has been sent to my bank (2 days after they were paid) and that I should see it in 3-4 days.

So from the time the customer pays it takes 5-6 days for the money to make it to your bank account. Then your bank holds it as 'pending', according to how they normally would process an incoming deposit. :cry: The days of getting an immediate payment in your Paypal account, then using it to immediately pay someone else...are done.

Fritz

Patron
One more update, as I think this covers the end of the process: My first customer under the new 'managed payments' paid, according to ebay, February 3 at 10:00a.m., and ebay sent me an email saying "Now that you've been paid, ship....as stated in your agreement." I called ebay yesterday and we discussed. He said that ebay doesn't ever get the money - they just act as a go-between - and that it would get sent to my bank account today. Today I get an email from ebay stating that the money has been sent to my bank (2 days after they were paid) and that I should see it in 3-4 days.

So from the time the customer pays it takes 5-6 days for the money to make it to your bank account. Then your bank holds it as 'pending', according to how they normally would process an incoming deposit. :cry: The days of getting an immediate payment in your Paypal account, then using it to immediately pay someone else...are done.
That really sux.

RDPipes

Misogynistic Pipe Maker to the Stars!
Sales
I was thinking of selling off the remainder of my pipe collection fairly soon, looks like I aint doing that now.
I aint about to give them that kind of info on me. I say if they want to screw PayPal there on their own.
What goes around comes around and I'm sure eBay will understand that very soon.

Billy Joe

Thought he was passing through, but stayed.
Patron
I use PP whenever I can as an added level of security. I don't like to attach any transactions to a bank account, but prefer it attached to credit card.
Ebay clearly wants more control of the $ running through their market. Just floating billions of dollars for a couple days is a significant amount of money.
It's hard to fight the big guys, but you can vote with your feet.

WrightwoodJohn

Thanks for sharing that Frank, seems it's actually worse than I thought.

David M

"You talkin' to me?"
I just went through the ebay updating process this morning. I understand people's concerns about giving out their social security number. I feel the same way. However, this is a part of change. Is ebay the only place now that has your ss number? I don't think so. I'm not a heavy user of ebay but I have always found them to be a solid and reputable company. Sometimes you have to simply go with the flow.

WrightwoodJohn

I just went through the ebay updating process this morning. I understand people's concerns about giving out their social security number. I feel the same way. However, this is a part of change. Is ebay the only place now that has your ss number? I don't think so. I'm not a heavy user of ebay but I have always found them to be a solid and reputable company. Sometimes you have to simply go with the flow.
David, do you sell on there as well ?

WrightwoodJohn

So I closed an auction a couple of days ago, no big deal, a $15 item. I wanted to get one more auction in before the paypal denial sets in. Got paid right away, shipped out the item.
Today noticed the money didn't go to my paypal account. So I got on one of those kooky chat boxes with Ebay and was told the money won't go to me until I update my banking info & ss#., and can't go to my paypal acct.

Nice, enjoy the beer money you con-artists.

BlueMaxx

So I closed an auction a couple of days ago, no big deal, a $15 item. I wanted to get one more auction in before the paypal denial sets in. Got paid right away, shipped out the item.
Today noticed the money didn't go to my paypal account. So I got on one of those kooky chat boxes with Ebay and was told the money won't go to me until I update my banking info & ss#., and can't go to my paypal acct.

Nice, enjoy the beer money you con-artists.

Wow....turn out the lights, the partys over. :(

FrankHall

I get what you're saying, but ebay has crossed a line with me. They've got me by the short hairs, as I need to sell a lot of stuff in a short period and was slow about getting an alternative ready. Now I'll make it more stuff over a shorter period, and then cut the cord.

Regarding going with the flow, and others already having my private information, you are absolutely right. And I'm trying to fix that situation across the board.

Paulfg

just to add insult to injury.
I have just found out that with the new ebay payment system wear they pay proceeds of a sale into your bank account minus there fees ,because I live in Europe they pay me in Euros BUT my bank account is in the UK so a Sterling account.
This means I incur conversion fees from the bank.
I cant change the payment method and the only alternative is open a Euro account,Fine but if I do this it makes sense to shop on ebay Germany as I can pay in Euros and if my euro account doesnt have enough money and I have to transfer funds from my sterling account. I then get conversion fees on transfering
There was never this problem with Paypal.
You get screwed either ,thanks ebay

N80

If you can't question it, it isn't science.
Sales
I am increasingly cutting ties with as many large tech entities as I can. I am increasingly also finding that I do not need them.

Are my actions going to prevent SkyNet from trying to exterminate humans in a few years? No. But there is a lot of satisfaction in not sending them my money.

Top Bottom