Esoterica Penzance and Dunbar Mold/Crystal ID

Super K

I’ve seen well formed crystals on Virginia tobaccos but I’m stumped here and a little upset. Can any of you help tell me to distinguish what’s going on with my tobacco?
The Penzance looks like crystals forming but also looks to have a little fuzz with a”surface” as opposed to crystals I’ve seen that generally lay flat to the leaf. This was a part of an 8oz. Bag transferred directly to new jars after opening, purchased online last Sept.
C316B377-4285-4AB7-B6C4-9E397930A966.jpeg
B3C823E1-ED02-4507-8B4D-B9E25DC91F35.jpeg
The Dunbar looks absolutely like mold to me, it’s only on one particular spot in the jar which seems to be a tighter bunch of tobacco. I’ve pulled it from the jar, but my inclination leads me to believe it’s trash. This was a 2 oz. tin transferred straight to a jar purchased from a B&M sometime last Aug/Sept.
7BCCEC94-9B89-4529-B3D6-DBAA63396A88.jpeg
6FC9E12B-1B4B-45AF-B910-6A4FF95F4014.jpeg
I’m not trying to point any fingers or cause a disturbance, just a little help is all I need. Thanks fellas.

Last edited:

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
For science I’m going to air out the Dunbar, lock the kids in their rooms ( they never leave anyway), and see how the mold progresses. Based on smell alone I doubt I’ll pack a pipe with the Dunbar as that sounds like something a fella who dips PAANCH would do.
Or, or, you could put the two ounces at the bottom of a quart jar and seal it up. Then watch it grow, make notes and make it a thread....

For science!