Ever seen a tin mislabeled?

RDPipes

Misogynistic Pipe Maker to the Stars!
Sales
I had gotten a tin C&D 3 friars quite a while back, liked it so much I ordered about a pound in bulk.
God lord, gave me tongue bit that was unbelievable. Contacted C&D and they told me that the
tin I had gotten may have had some age on it and to just wait a while and revisit it when it got
some age. 12 years later it's still garbage and will gnaw the end of your tongue off. It seems C&D
makes a lot of mistakes in there blending. Won't bother purchasing anything from them anymore.

dmkerr

No fiddle sticks left to give
Staff member
Several years ago I ordered a few tins of Telegraph Hill and I was convinced they were mislabeled. The first tin I popped I only tried twice and then tossed it.

The second tin I opened was just as bad so I sent it to @dmkerr to see what he thought. He said "tastes like Telegraph Hill."

So I opened the third tin and...
Threw it away.

Kerr was probably right but my brain was already over it.
Kerr was wrong, as usual. It was Sutliff Molto Dolce.

Shoebox1.1

Update here. 2 months ago I got a “funky” tin of key largo. Something WAS off. Left it in the tin and threw it in cellar. Just trying some right now and it tastes fine. I think something was just too fresh in there. I now have the confidence to order a big 8 ounce can! Maybe with covid they are putting out what they can get ASAP? Dunno

Tybalt

I do enjoy a number of C&D and GLP blends. That said, I try to give them a year or so of aging before I smoke them. Currently eyeing a tin of Cairo from 2006, which is bulging nicely…

Top Bottom