Favorite Lighter

sgarrity

Purveyor of Sunshine
Patron
Since the ashtray thread was popular, how about some lighters?

Ya know how you married well? Your better half gets this for you as a birthday gift with zero hints or prompting!

Attachments

• 8F2C5D9C-2DA6-43C4-B9E0-F5CBF5AD534D.jpeg
    8F2C5D9C-2DA6-43C4-B9E0-F5CBF5AD534D.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 28
  • EFBD0B3A-A57C-47EF-AA29-5F40398DCAE5.jpeg
    EFBD0B3A-A57C-47EF-AA29-5F40398DCAE5.jpeg
    48.1 KB · Views: 29
  • C0234438-833D-4B69-9458-BDEA30AE0CFF.jpeg
    C0234438-833D-4B69-9458-BDEA30AE0CFF.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 28

Russ H.

Mr. Fruity Pebbles
I have my simple Bic, Benlow Golmet, Zippos, and some others. I enjoy my Ol Boy a lot. If I had to pick one--Probably a my pewter Ol Boy for indoors, and outside I gotta go with a zippo. Most times I reach for a weird off brand butane that can be refilled. It's hard to pick a favored lighter.

ClinchKnot

Motivational Smoker
Patron
That is cool as hell. I need more info on that please.
As @pepesdad mentioned, it is a Scripto Vu-lighter. They came with all kinds of graphic inserts inside the fluid case including cool cars, hunting scenes, pinups(!), pipes as well as dice, fishing lures, etc. The pipe chimney version is less common but you can find them for cheap on Ebay and especially antique shops - shop near me has about 20 of them on display. The parts are mostly interchangeable. New gaskets are easy to find and they hold fluid a good long time with zero fluid smell if the gaskets are good.

Will

As @pepesdad mentioned, it is a Scripto Vu-lighter. They came with all kinds of graphic inserts inside the fluid case including cool cars, hunting scenes, pinups(!), pipes as well as dice, fishing lures, etc. The pipe chimney version is less common but you can find them for cheap on Ebay and especially antique shops - shop near me has about 20 of them on display. The parts are mostly interchangeable. New gaskets are easy to find and they hold fluid a good long time with zero fluid smell if the gaskets are good.
My uncle had one that had a hula girl that undressed when you turned it upside down.

The Sherpa

I am pretty partial to the Old Boy, although those new Bic EZ Reach lighters are pretty solid when I'm putzing around the yard
shopping

Top Bottom