What's new

First Go w/ Snuff

greenmonster714

Well, it took me a while but I finally got around to ordering some snuff. Went ahead and got a nice sampler deal to check this snuff stuff out.
IMG_20180821_121046589.jpg

Ordered from Toque in England. Only took a week to get here. Ten 10g cans should give me a good variety that should last a while..maybe..lol. Blueberry, wild berry, vanilla, chocolate, natural toast, menthol, citrus, spearmint, so extra, and quit. I also picked up a little bullet from eBay that came last week.

First snort was wild berry off the thumb. Maybe to big of a pile for a newb. Burnt like hell for about a minute and sneezed a few times. Then the rush settled down and I began to enjoy it with a nice cup of coffee. I'm sure there are better flavors to go with coffee but this worked for the moment.

Thanks to yall for some input awhile back. The wife's gonna love my new habit. Maybe I won't use so much homemade loose snus now.

greenmonster714

Thanks for all the suggestions. Gotta say I'm likin it so far. I'll try something other than Toque when I weed or snort my way through these.

That bullet thing kicks my arse with the wild berry. Still in the sneezing stage. Any tips on how to curb that would be appreciated.

greenmonster714

Oh and forgot to ask. When using this stuff how often do you hit it? Ive got a pretty high tolerance to nic but with the stuff hitting soft nasal tissue it's gotta be easy to overdo it. I've had nic sickness before and it's no fun.

mwong61

"On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog"
Patron
I toot anywhere from once an hour to once every 5 minutes.

If it hits your sinuses, you're sniffing too hard.
I've always been curious about this, where is the snuff SUPPOSED to land in the nose? And how do you control getting it there and not into the sinuses? I've been intrigued by snuff since joining PSD but have bad allergies and an overactive sinus.

StillLearning

Try this @greenmonster714 , tap a little pea size pile on the back of your hand. Now press your nose completely against the pile sealing off one nostril and leaving one open. Then breath in through the open nostril just BARELY harder than a normal breath. You would be amazed at how little you have to breath in to get the snuff into your nose.

Experiment with how gentle you can be and still make it work. The worst that can happen by going to gentle is some falls back out of your nose and you waste $.0002!

Basically start small and easy, then work up from there.

greenmonster714

You want it in your nostrils, or just inside of the nasal cavity. You start to have a bad day if you suck it through the sinus cavity to your tonsils. This isn't cocaine here.
View attachment 11893
This is great info for a newbee snuffer. I'm pretty sure I've had it go to far. Starts dripping down my throat. Not totally unpleasant but not ideal. I gotta stop hitting this sheet like I'm a hover upright...lol.

greenmonster714

Try this @greenmonster714 , tap a little pea size pile on the back of your hand. Now press your nose completely against the pile sealing off one nostril and leaving one open. Then breath in through the open nostril just BARELY harder than a normal breath. You would be amazed at how little you have to breath in to get the snuff into your nose.

Experiment with how gentle you can be and still make it work. The worst that can happen by going to gentle is some falls back out of your nose and you waste $.0002!

Basically start small and easy, then work up from there.
Thanks so much for the tips. Im kinda getting the hang of the bullet but what you've mentioned may work well for me too. Since I've slowed down the inhale I'm having a much better time.

JustScott

The bullet may or may not be something you like. Some people like them, many do not. I've never tried a bullet, as I get along best with pinching. For me that's the easiest, but it's like smoking a pipe, something different works for everyone. Sounds like it's going too far up, though you may get to a place where you like it that way (when the Garrett hits my upper sinus, I know it's gonna be all right, lol...) You'll still get the occasional back or front drip, but for the most part it stops once your technique is dialed in. The burn will fade as your tissues get accustomed to the practice, but some snuffs will always burn a little. Some, more than a little.
I like the pinch because it's easy to control the amount of snuff going up, and by varying the distance it's easier to not have it hit my throat (which sometimes still happens when I've waited too long and I'm feeling a NEED for it.) If you try a pinch, try it 1/2" or so out from your nostril, then vary it until you find your "sweet spot". Also, you don't have to sniff as hard as you think, even with a little distance. The bullet doesn't allow for any distance, which is one reason it's not everyone's favorite.
Another thing to consider is the grind. You'll probably notice that some of them (most likely the SP Extra, but almost definitely the Toast) are going to be finer. The finer the grind, the lighter the sniff, and probably the greater the distance between nose and fingers (or hand or thumbnail, however you're doing it.) The last piece of advice I have here is to always close your snuff container before you take it. Sometimes there's not a lot of warning that you're going to sneeze. That's not a fun lesson to learn the hard way...

Serenity

Burn out Bright
Patron
I get along with the bullet just fine but it's only used for my travel snuff, it's so convenient, discreet, and is the cleanest method of taking.

My favorite method of taking is the pinch but I mostly take dark India snuff and the pipe nail I found to be the best method to stay clean with, keeping my moustache and shirt from getting speckled with black. I'd have to say I take snuff 3 to 4 times an hour