What's new

First Go w/ Snuff

JustScott

If you're looking to make your own, there used to be a recipe posted on the old forum. I think it was @Wooda who posted it. I don't see it up here. It's a simple thing, just tobacco flour with a small amount of distilled water with also small amounts of salt and washing soda dissolved in it, but I don't remember the measures offhand. Maybe someone remembers the amounts, or has the post archived and can repost it?

Serenity

Burn out Bright
Patron
I truly meant the respectful part @Serenity . I hope I didn't come off argumentative. Just my opinion on the subject. I have never tried the 3 you listed.
I only posted the pic of the sweet that I've tried because it's been so long since I've tried them and forgot their names lol. I've not had the ones you mentioned and my pic was for clarification only. Thank you for respecting my opinion but hey I'm new at this also, maybe six months give or take.

@greenmonster714 when you're sniffing a finer grind, sniff lighter and less, smaller pinch, work your way up. Don't give up just try something a little different in taking method, you'll find the right way for you

StillLearning

If you're looking to make your own, there used to be a recipe posted on the old forum. I think it was @Wooda who posted it. I don't see it up here. It's a simple thing, just tobacco flour with a small amount of distilled water with also small amounts of salt and washing soda dissolved in it, but I don't remember the measures offhand. Maybe someone remembers the amounts, or has the post archived and can repost it?
I don't think it is here. If you Google "snuff making 101" you will find a link that will give you almost an overload of information.

Wooda

I'll get around to reposting it soon.
I was burnt out from retyping it 4 times after the old PSF went rudderless and then I lost my master copy in a hard drive crash

greenmonster714

@greenmonster714 if your in the south check your local food lion out. In Virgina they have a good selection of American snuff. Some tobacco stores do as well. Not pipe shops, the discount cig places. Alot of older folk still use American snuff as dip so it is stocked here.
Yes sir, I am in the south. Alabama. Where the men are men. The women are few and the sheep are nervous.

I'll check around at those tobacco shops. I'm close to Columbus MS and there's gotta be at least a dozen there. I frequent the VA down in Tuscaloosa as well. I know there's a ton of tobacco shops down there. Thanks for the lead. I guess I fit the mold of older guy..lol. IMG_20180711_061359643.jpg

greenmonster714

I don't think it is here. If you Google "snuff making 101" you will find a link that will give you almost an overload of information.
Your not kidding. Googled Snuff making 101 and Bam...lots to choose from. Ive located a motar thing on eBay for a few bucks. Already have a nice coffee grinder. And most of the main stuff used. I'll have to locate some micron screen and I'll be good.

greenmonster714

Haha I didn't mean any harm by the "old guy" comment. We can talk snuff all day as long as you don't run me off you lawn! Lol.

I'm excited about your snuff making journeys as well. It sounds like a ton of fun with endless possibilities.
No offense taken..lol.

Ya know it's odd. I never did like the smell of ben gay cream or peppermint. After trying the pinch method with some toque menthol I seem to be really enjoying it. Certainly something I could get used to.

Another issue I'm finding is these little cans. They don't fit well in my big hands. Feels like I'm going to drop them while the lid is off. The more I do the pinch method the more I'm liking it.

Last edited: