What's new

Forever stems?for corncob pipes?

Oouder

I’ve never been a cobber. This forum changed that big time. With that said I love to be rough with the plastic cob bits. I bite em and don’t worry about any marks (I’ve bought spare stems and they are like .60 cents or something along those lines. It feels so freeing to me and I really enjoy it. Anyone else like to bite their cob stems? This prevents me from getting a forever stem but I’ve thought about it and heard nothing but wonderful things.

blackmouth210

Pretty much all of my cobs have either a Forever Stem or a modified aftermarket stem. I do not use a filter in a cob and these stems reduce the draw to something more comparable to a briar pipe.

They are also very tough and durable, but have just enough give to be comfy.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly.
I am very pleased with my aftermarket stems and would not hesitate to buy more Forever Stems if/when needed.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I am a Vulcanite/Ebonite partisan. I'll die on that hill. I really like the Vulcanite "Forever Stem." Great button shape, good quality Vulcanite. Not too hard, not too soft.

The price of the Forever Stems makes me think they're cut from blanks, but the quality of the finishing is such that you coulda told me they were hand cut. They're surprisingly nicely shaped.

DGErwin11

Supreme Curmudgeon
Staff member
I used them in the past and they were part of what inspired me to come up with the mods I did. People say that it makes no sense to put a $20 stem on a $7 cob. But one stem can be switched between a plethora of cobs. In theory you need one bent and one straight. But be aware of SAD(Stem Acquisition Disorder). I say yes they are a good investment.

MakDragon

Former PSF Wizard
Sales
Patron
I used them in the past and they were part of what inspired me to come up with the mods I did. People say that it makes no sense to put a $20 stem on a $7 cob. But one stem can be switched between a plethora of cobs. In theory you need one bent and one straight. But be aware of SAD(Stem Acquisition Disorder). I say yes they are a good investment.
Yes. Actually SAD never got me. I think it was due to the fact that I got addicted to those modified cobs of yours!

MURPH

All my cobs have Forever stems until I found Vermont Freehand. The Vermont Freehand take a little modifying by sanding and filing the tenon down to fit. Then I found Vermont sells a tenon tool. Can't remember but was $60-70 I think. It works great once you get the hang of it. I'm way ahead after doing 20-30 srems.