What's new

Fruit blends: The Good, the Bad, and the Goopy

Chico

Pipepunk

That was my experience with code relax as well. It was just sweet and nothing else really.

Now I'm trying Boswell Bear blend in my Baki meerschaum which is cherry, caramel, and Latakia. I'm not tasting the Latakia much at all though. The caramel is what is coming through the strongest in this blend. The cherry is subtle but there. It's very smooth due to the cavendish which dominates the tobacco flavor. Not bad at all really although subtle like Chico said

Like a lot of you have mentioned I like Rattray's Exotic quite a bit and it's easily my favorite fruity aro. Their summer 2018 blend is also really good like @Yosemite mentioned. It tastes like lemon girl scout cookies to me. But I don't think I'll be stocking up on it like I did with exotic.
Emphatically .loved the sample of bear blend I received some time ago.when I'm feeling well to do I'll spring for a larger amount

Chico

Okay, I bit the bullet and finally tried Captain Black Grape.

All my theoretical defenses of this blend have just flown out window. Never again will I say, "why is orange/cherry/peach etc. okay, but not grape?" Because I have now learned the hard way that grape is not okay as a tobacco flavor. At least not in this blend. One might say, "well it is CB, and it's grape - 'nuff said." But I like to keep an open mind.

It is grapey as @Kraken said - like burning like grape Bubble Yum. But it's also strangely musty. It reminds me of a moldy corn tortilla. We all know the old gag about Mixture No. 79 tasting like a urinal cake, but this raises the bar: it tastes like cat pee. Like a litter box that needs to be cleaned. Seriously. Something about the artificial grape mixed with whatever tobaccos they used results in this weird combination of flavors. I hope it's true that cobs don't ghost.

Ozark Wizard

All my theoretical defenses of this blend have just flown out window. Never again will I say, "why is orange/cherry/peach etc. okay, but not grape?" Because I have now learned the hard way that grape is not okay as a tobacco flavor. At least not in this blend. One might say, "well it is CB, and it's grape - 'nuff said." But I like to keep an open mind.

It is grapey as @Kraken said - like burning like grape Bubble Yum. But it's also strangely musty. It reminds me of a moldy corn tortilla. We all know the old gag about Mixture No. 79 tasting like a urinal cake, but this raises the bar: it tastes like cat pee. Like a litter box that needs to be cleaned. Seriously. Something about the artificial grape mixed with whatever tobaccos they used results in this weird combination of flavors. I hope it's true that cobs don't ghost.
Burn the cob, before it's too late!

Kraken

recently released
Forum Guide

:ROFLMAO::sick: Captain Black Kitty Litter

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
HU "Scotney".
It is not an Aromatic (or "Gooper"), so it doesn't fit in this category / thread.
It's a VA/PER with a special topping (tomato) - some hate it, I love it.
I really love the HU tobacco lat bombs. Never heard of a tomato topped vaper... mhhh
this sounds disgusting, but I'm still curious. Kind of like that kleinlagel with cucumber topping....
I could keep myself from ordering that one so far, but it's getting harder.

:ROFLMAO::sick: Captain Black Kitty Litter
loooooool
It reminds me of a moldy corn tortilla. We all know the old gag about Mixture No. 79 tasting like a urinal cake, but this raises the bar: it tastes like cat pee. Like a litter box that needs to be cleaned. Seriously.
that is one hell of a warning.

Bernie Rain

I really love the HU tobacco lat bombs. Never heard of a tomato topped vaper... mhhh
this sounds disgusting, but I'm still curious.
I think "Scotney" is "Old Fredder's Broken Flake" with a special (light) tomato topping.
Unfortunately I don't have any here - because when I first smoked it some time ago, I really liked it and made the mistake to smoke too much of it.
And if you "overdo" things then you suddenly have enough of them and I didn't reorder it after my "smoking-binge".

My first pipe, bought 30 years ago this year, was an E. A. Carey bent something. I also ordered a big bag of Grandma's Apple Pie tobacco. It sounded so wholesome and delicious, my mouth watered just thinking about it. Seemed like it took forever for that box to arrive in the mail, too. No clue where that pipe or all-but-one-bowl of tobacco ever went, but I'll tell you what, I've never smoked another fruit flavored anything.

RedScot

The Kleinlagel with cucumber topping reminds me of an email I sent to Tobacco Jesus not long ago that he should find a cucumber topped tobacco to blend with his Delta Honeydew to get a cucumber melon mixture. He never responded.
Can we even buy Kleinlagel in the USA?
Last Friday my gal & I stopped by the Squire and met the man who 'created' Delta Honeydew...whose name is John David. The blend was a total accident. One of those where you know you messed up as soon as you do it kinda things. But it's a happy accident that worked out perfectly.
I've been hankering for a coconut flavored tobacco for a while now. Any suggestions?

The Kleinlagel with cucumber topping reminds me of an email I sent to Tobacco Jesus not long ago that he should find a cucumber topped tobacco to blend with his Delta Honeydew to get a cucumber melon mixture. He never responded.
Last Friday my gal & I stopped by the Squire and met the man who 'created' Delta Honeydew...whose name is John David. The blend was a total accident. One of those where you know you messed up as soon as you do it kinda things. But it's a happy accident that worked out perfectly.
I've been hankering for a coconut flavored tobacco for a while now. Any suggestions?
Sweet Coconut Twist has coconut in the name. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Pm me yer address. I’ll send you some Bob Bushman and Coconut Twist.