For Sale Funny how it goes...

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
you get 10 sandblasts in a row, then 10 smooths.... it's bizarre.

These are the slow-cobbled summer pipes, built an hour or two at a time during rainstorms. Both nice pieces of briar and a ton of age on the blocks too - it's nice for me to look at the briar shelf and see lots of new exciting pieces there but be able to grab a really good quality block with 5 or even 10 years on it makes me smile. And it's not that older briar is magically better for smoking, but it's more stable, it's very reliable for stain work, it's nice to work with, makes a nice pipe.

Anyway enough jabber. I have a bent with an acrylic stem (in poop swirl, my favorite), some 5 1/2" long and 51 grams, a fairly ordinary bent billiard for size. Nice grain and just a hint of plateau on the bottom of the pipe - it just barely fit the block and I thought if the crust showed up in a few spots, so be it, and if not, that's fine. But the grain was strong and fine out at the edge, so I that's where I went. Greek wood, 2012 vintage.

IMG_0305.JPG

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0306.JPG

And while that stem looks black in the photos, it is a dark olive swirl, very subtle. Passes a cleaner, chamber is 13/16x1 5/8" so like a ... small group 4? Good all-around size.

325.00 USD all in

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Second pipe is a larger billiard than usual - pushing near 6" and it's 2 1/8" tall overall. Identically 51 grams, same as the bent. This is a cross-cut marked as a #1 by Mimmo ten years ago. I don't know if it's really a #1 for grain, it's like, a good #2 if you care about that, but what it is is very very clean, couple little pin-sized dark spots but basically it's a beautiful uniform deep tan from sitting in a bin for ten years, and no crappy spots. The "tight" side of the block is #1 worthy, the "loose" side (radial expansion in briar, placed sideways) is kind of pillowy rather than really defined bird, so that's why I'm kind of hedging about how great it is.

Mount is an acrylic horn-subsitute, very dapper, and the stem is ebonite on this. 1 3/4" deep by 13/16" chamber. Bit more than a flake pipe I'm afraid.

IMG_0309.JPG

BSTpipes

That'll do, Pig.
Sales
Whooops, here's the other pics:

IMG_0310.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG
slightly different lighting on this one, my first pic was truly sasquatch worthy.

I don't do a lot of cross-cut stuff, I find it a little vexing, but I always like the results, kind of an old-timey feel.
Double footprint grading on this one as well as the bent, and also 325.00 all in shipped conus or Canada or other civilized places.

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
Whooops, here's the other pics:

View attachment 39042

View attachment 39043
slightly different lighting on this one, my first pic was truly sasquatch worthy.

I don't do a lot of cross-cut stuff, I find it a little vexing, but I always like the results, kind of an old-timey feel.
Double footprint grading on this one as well as the bent, and also 325.00 all in shipped conus or Canada or other civilized places.
My daughter says she likes #2 because "it's fun. And when I get bigger I can smoke a pipe!"
Uh oh...