FVF recent drop mold alert

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
Customers. Some of my bros on another forum tipped me off and I had time to look through mine. I'm probably the last retailer to the product this go-around.

1/3 of my fvf boxes had mold. Some just a spot, and 1 is the pic above.

That's no Plume Chewie!
Well. Thanks for the heads up. I don't have any from the recent drop. But it's good of you to give the heads-up.

Monkel

Customers. Some of my bros on another forum tipped me off and I had time to look through mine. I'm probably the last retailer to the product this go-around.

1/3 of my fvf boxes had mold. Some just a spot, and 1 is the pic above.

That's no Plume Chewie!
Was it only that specific day that you noticed on the box code? I had 28 for my day and everything was good to go between 2 boxes. I also ordered a box from you. You mentioned that you checked boxes, am I safe to assume this was checked? (I'm more then ok with an open box for inspection). If it wasn't, I also have no problems checking as I stick all bulk in mylar as soon as I get them so I'll be opening it either way.

Roadsdiverged

Having seen 5-6 these in various stages of molding from 'small patch' to 'crawling on it's own', if you do not see mold at this point on a close inspection you are probably good. The tainted stuff is already sprouting.
Thank you for the info. That pic looked awful! I havent closely inspected it, but it looked good. They're jarred and dated with a star. The star means to look closer when I do cellar inventory.