Game of Pipes: A Song of Burning and Cracking

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Cracky describing his escapades to the youth. I imagine these stories will be told to the pipes I have in my university accommodation too.
20240202_205009.jpg
@commonsenseman I must congratulate you, the Depth Charge was quite tasty. I tasted Virginia, Orientals, Cavendish, a whisper of Perique and maybe some DFK. I know nearly nothing about the blend, am I even remotely close to describing it correctly?

commonsenseman

Cracky describing his escapades to the youth. I imagine these stories will be told to the pipes I have in my university accommodation too.
View attachment 244480
@commonsenseman I must congratulate you, the Depth Charge was quite tasty. I tasted Virginia, Orientals, Cavendish, a whisper of Perique and maybe some DFK. I know nearly nothing about the blend, am I even remotely close to describing it correctly?
I'm glad cracky was able to impart some wisdom in the lives of the youths.

You're very dang close, everything is there except no oriental.

Lunting Lifestyle

Did you bring a shrubbery?
Glad he’s arrived and in good company @Chicken Man . The smell of him reeked of something floral when I had him, but he refused to give any flavor clues when I smoked him. I even pushed deer tongue through Cracky with little to no taste of that herb. I swear I could have smoked raw onions through that thing and not tasted it. Cracky is definitely an odd and interesting pipe.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Glad he’s arrived and in good company @Chicken Man . The smell of him reeked of something floral when I had him, but he refused to give any flavor clues when I smoked him. I even pushed deer tongue through Cracky with little to no taste of that herb. I swear I could have smoked raw onions through that thing and not tasted it. Cracky is definitely an odd and interesting pipe.
Yeah the smell of the floral stuff is stronger than the taste. There's a slight floral ghosting but like I said its very mild and doesn't bother me.
I've said this in other threads but I do think that briar ghosting is something that fellas blow out of proportion. Even pipes that are badly ghosted really aren't that unpleasant in my opinion. I'll put it to ye this way, I've never had a smoke ruined because of ghosting.

Yakster

Yeah the smell of the floral stuff is stronger than the taste. There's a slight floral ghosting but like I said its very mild and doesn't bother me.
I've said this in other threads but I do think that briar ghosting is something that fellas blow out of proportion. Even pipes that are badly ghosted really aren't that unpleasant in my opinion. I'll put it to ye this way, I've never had a smoke ruined because of ghosting.

I mostly agree, but don't try that with Wilke Peanut Butter or Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Evening lads. Warped The Haunting. I am keeping an exact tally of all my smokes on my computer which I shall upload here once my month is up. Also, someone suggested making a map of the places Cracky has been. In the coming days I will begin work on that.
20240203_182315.jpg

Last edited:

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Evening lads. Smoked some Boswell Northwoods and now some C&D Burkey Flake No. 3. This pipe, I pack it as tight as possible with damp tobacco and it still smokes down to a fine white ash with zero moisture every time with no effort. It smokes incredibly quickly too despite having a medium sized bowl. Probably the very wide draught hole, this pipe has a very open draw. Really good smoker though. The ghost is all but gone.
20240204_183544.jpg

Top Bottom