Game of Pipes: A Song of Burning and Cracking

Smokeaoke

Patron
Cracky describing his escapades to the youth. I imagine these stories will be told to the pipes I have in my university accommodation too.
View attachment 244480
@commonsenseman I must congratulate you, the Depth Charge was quite tasty. I tasted Virginia, Orientals, Cavendish, a whisper of Perique and maybe some DFK. I know nearly nothing about the blend, am I even remotely close to describing it correctly?
Is that a B10 Spigot? One of my favorite Pete shapes. Your chamber looks a little wider though, which I would think would be a good thing. Crusty looks like he's living his best life over there.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Evening lads. Sorry for no replies today, was heading back to my University Accommodation. I contacted the Irish Government and they were kind enough to provide an armed motorcade for Cracky. We got to meet the President and the Taoiseach as well. After we had a light luncheon, the Taoiseach invited Cracky to inspect the troops with him, I was able to get a picture:
40438a2a-d196-4606-9527-814a638cdfc1-546610330.jpg
Now we're here anyway, and my very fancy Ozi Meerschaum happily gave up the best seat on the pipe rack for Cracky, he's in the middle there. (You can also see I brought way more tobacco with me than usual, down at the bottom there. Yes I store my tobacco, cigars and hot sauce together; I don't have much room here.)
20240205_214636.jpg

Earlier on I smoked some WCC Persian Slipper in Cracky. He's VERY tired after his VERY busy day so I'll let him rest now.

onesixonetwo

DOZENSSSS!
Sales
Evening lads. Sorry for no replies today, was heading back to my University Accommodation. I contacted the Irish Government and they were kind enough to provide an armed motorcade for Cracky. We got to meet the President and the Taoiseach as well. After we had a light luncheon, the Taoiseach invited Cracky to inspect the troops with him, I was able to get a picture:
View attachment 245144
Now we're here anyway, and my very fancy Ozi Meerschaum happily gave up the best seat on the pipe rack for Cracky, he's in the middle there. (You can also see I brought way more tobacco with me than usual, down at the bottom there. Yes I store my tobacco, cigars and hot sauce together; I don't have much room here.)
View attachment 245145

Earlier on I smoked some WCC Persian Slipper in Cracky. He's VERY tired after his VERY busy day so I'll let him rest now.
Say what you want about the Irish but these lads know how to show a pipe the respect it deserves 🫡

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Evening lads. Starting the evening with some Yayladağ Flake. I won't make several posts about what I'm smoking, I'll keep it to 1 post a day unless it's something interesting so the thread doesn't get too bloated with WAYS style posts. This is an interesting match up. Tobacco that burns incredibly slowly, even when bone dry versus a pipe that smokes incredibly quickly, even when loaded with wet tobacco.

BTW, I'm not posting in WAYS so we can keep Cracky related posts in here for posterity.
20240206_193928.jpg

Smokeaoke

Patron
View attachment 245144
View attachment 245145

Ah, dormitory life.

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Good Evening lads. Sorry for no post yesterday, I got home at 9 P.M. after studying calculus for 3 hours so I was fairly wrecked when I came in. Smoked some unfortunately bone dry northwoods when I came in last night. Doing something very special now, I'm about to smoke some McClelland tobacco for the very first time. 2016 Christmas Cheer. Really looking forward to this.
20240209_174603.jpg

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Update:

Thought a lot of lads were exaggerating, but no. This is the greatest, sweetest, smoothest Virginia I've ever had. I guess FVF might sort of kind of maybe be in the same ballpark for my palate. I waited to smoke this until the ghost in Cracky had well and truly been exorcised, and it has.

Oh also when I opened the bag and smelled it my first words were:
"Fiddle sticks me it really does smell like ketchup"

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Right! Cracky has had just fun and games and travelling the world up until now. But it's high time he does something with himself. What he needs is a good university education! And what better place to get such an education than that most august, respectable and prestigious of Irish academic institutions which is so often unfairly overshadowed by it's Dublin counterparts;
University College Cork (UCC)
20240211_133718.jpg
20240211_133803.jpg
Here's Cracky next to the iconic and surprisingly huge bust of George Boole, first Professor of Mathematics at UCC, inventor of Boolean Algebra, and allegedly the inspiration for Professor Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes.
20240211_130248.jpg
Next, Cracky did some light reading in the Boole Library (Boole is sort of the poster boy for UCC, everything here is named after him). Something about computer programming being an art, some book written by a guy called Knuth, some nerd or something probably. Apparently they have a very early edition, not like I'd know, I'm not a nerd ;)
20240211_132438.jpg

That ended Cracky's first day as a student, I'm sure he will have an illustrious and prestigious career as a computer scientist some day.

Chico

Right! Cracky has had just fun and games and travelling the world up until now. But it's high time he does something with himself. What he needs is a good university education! And what better place to get such an education than that most august, respectable and prestigious of Irish academic institutions which is so often unfairly overshadowed by it's Dublin counterparts;
University College Cork (UCC)
View attachment 246181
View attachment 246182
Here's Cracky next to the iconic and surprisingly huge bust of George Boole, first Professor of Mathematics at UCC, inventor of Boolean Algebra, and allegedly the inspiration for Professor Moriarty from Sherlock Holmes.
View attachment 246183
Next, Cracky did some light reading in the Boole Library (Boole is sort of the poster boy for UCC, everything here is named after him). Something about computer programming being an art, some book written by a guy called Knuth, some nerd or something probably. Apparently they have a very early edition, not like I'd know, I'm not a nerd ;)
View attachment 246185

That ended Cracky's first day as a student, I'm sure he will have an illustrious and prestigious career as a computer scientist some day.
Great pics. I taught at UCC for a year and half and did not know that about Boole/Moriarty! Used to have lunch in the staff lounge in that building every day. Please make sure Cracky sees the stained glass windows by Harry Clarke in the Honan Chapel before you return to Dublin. I think he'll enjoy them. And then have a pint of Beamish for me (actually prefer it over Guinness)!

Chicken Man

Keep It Simple
Patron
Great pics. I taught at UCC for a year and half and did not know that about Boole/Moriarty! Used to have lunch in the staff lounge in that building every day. Please make sure Cracky sees the stained glass windows by Harry Clarke in the Honan Chapel before you return to Dublin. I think he'll enjoy them. And then have a pint of Beamish for me (actually prefer it over Guinness)!
Ha, ti's a small world! Well I won't be returning to Dublin, because I live in Cork :bigyellowgrin:. What did you teach at UCC?
Oh also the official, God given rankings of Irish Stouts are as follows:
1. Murphy's
2. Beamish
3. Guinness

Chico

Ha, ti's a small world! Well I won't be returning to Dublin, because I live in Cork :bigyellowgrin:. What did you teach at UCC?
Oh also the official, God given rankings of Irish Stouts are as follows:
1. Murphy's
2. Beamish
3. Guinness
Ah, I thought you were a Dubliner for some reason. I was hired to help found this dept. (the first of its kind in the RoI, believe it or not) and to teach the first cohort https://www.ucc.ie/en/ck101/religion/

Smokeaoke

Patron
Thanks for sharing Cracky's latest adventures with such awesome photos and fun story captions! That is a beautiful university; I hope to add that to the list of stops when I take the better half to Ireland in a couple years. This is also making me miss better weather here in Wisconsin and inspiring me to make better use of it and enjoy my pipe on more scenic locations than under an infrared heater in my garage, lol!

Top Bottom