What's new

Gawith & Hoggarth MIA

SteveNH

Patron
I've been on a search for some GH Bob's Chocolate Flake for a while now. Inspired by others in the forum, I even emailed the home company to ask when we might see GH deliveries state side. GH's response was that they expected shipments state side in late 2018, in time for the Holiday! Maybe they were thinking Boxing Day, but that only gives them an extra day?

Unfortunately, nothing has shown up on the websites I visit and I'm all out of Bob's. After an extensive search, I found what I think are the last three tins at Watch City Cigar in Massachusetts of all places.

Has it been a long time since GH was stocked or is it my short attention span that makes it feel like an age since you could buy GH easily?

Here is to 2019 and a full cellar of GH Bob's Chocolate Flake!

SteveNH

Patron
The GH representative in his email, seem to imply that the stores are not submitting their requests in a timely manner. I am sure that's only part of it, such as once the order is received, there is still a lag in production. No mention of new labelling issues though. From what I have seen, the new packaging may be labeled Bob's Flake.

Kiowapipe

It's unfortunate that so any blends are scarce, but I am determined to explore smaller stateside sites--Uhle's, Wilke, Peretti, Watch City -- because I know they have something that I'll love.
There are several active threads that are pointing me in the right direction.
I've never gotten into any of those- maybe it's time to start looking. Where do those smaller blenders get their leaf, and is manufacturing in house or is it contracted out? Are they just making new combinations of C&D or MacBaren blending tobaccos, or are they sourcing closer to the original production?

Spillproof

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Sales
I've never gotten into any of those- maybe it's time to start looking. Where do those smaller blenders get their leaf, and is manufacturing in house or is it contracted out? Are they just making new combinations of C&D or MacBaren blending tobaccos, or are they sourcing closer to the original production?
It's not possible to say where they source all of their tobaccos but these are not just rehashed C&D and MacB blends. Most are in-house. A few are likely produced for them (i.e.Sutliff has a hand in some WC blends).

Last edited: