Good Will - Pair of Dunhill Pipes

Falstaff

A pair of Dunhill pipes (with original boxes?) available at Good Will.

a0e0b268ee3c09363.JPG

3 Olives

Patron
Reviews of shopgoodwill.com ain't that great. Never bought from them but seems like a lot of people are upset.
It was a great place to shop years ago. I bought film cameras, vintage cast iron skillets, and vintage Corning Ware and was very satisfied with my purchases. I stopped buying from them about seven years ago because people were bidding prices up to unrealistic levels. It’s one thing to pay $20 for a skillet you’re going to restore compared to the current prices of $80 - $100. I think a lot of people suffer buyer’s remorse.

Drydock

I think the main problem is that a lot of these places are run mostly with volunteer support, so if the volunteer that's manning eBay flakes out, you may not get your item. It appears many of the complaints are about not getting an item at all or not getting the specific item ordered.Goodwill may be run differently, of course.

gnossos

borschtlord
Patron
It was a great place to shop years ago. I bought film cameras, vintage cast iron skillets, and vintage Corning Ware and was very satisfied with my purchases. I stopped buying from them about seven years ago because people were bidding prices up to unrealistic levels. It’s one thing to pay $20 for a skillet you’re going to restore compared to the current prices of $80 - $100. I think a lot of people suffer buyer’s remorse.

no people just went insane and that’s what Griswold etc goes for now

i’m sure that means less good stuff gets that price slapped on it but yeah sorry about that hipsters ruins everything

3 Olives

Patron
no people just went insane and that’s what Griswold etc goes for now

i’m sure that means less good stuff gets that price slapped on it but yeah sorry about that hipsters ruins everything
I’m stocked up on Griswold. Having said that, there is one skillet I may bid on tomorrow. It’s priced well right now and in pretty good shape. I have a skillet in the garage that has been in the garage for 2 years and needs a lot of work. Restoring 2 skillets at this same time is the way to go.
I do see several skillets in really bad shape with very high bids. If the hipsters only knew how much effort and time it takes to restore and reseason cast iron skillets!