Great Service from Wilke Pipe Tobacco

Haint

Patron
I ordered 4oz of Lizzie Blood Red (thanks to @3 Olives for this new found love) and received only 2oz. Easy mistake to make so I email John and he quickly replies that he's sorry and will send out the missing 2oz. I received my missing order today and instead of the missing 2oz he includes 4oz and a handwritten note. Very classy move and much appreciated.

SeanConnery

Sales
I thought Lizzie Borden, which I haven't smoked, works on paper for me. The blood orange and other flavors enhance the natural notes of good Virginia.

In that one act, John showed a knack for synergistic flavor that blending houses like Planta never seemed to get. To them, the dressing is the point and the tobaccos are a conveyance. Sort of like Danish blending taken to the extreme.

What am I trying to say here? Iduno. Pay attention to John, he isn't just selling the old Wilke recipes from before he took over. He's developing new ideas. And his ideas on paper show 'the knack'.

WalkinStick

Not a daisy at all
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Hey Gents, is there a web site to check out? Always looking for something new. I would like to order and try some Lizzie Blood and other blends
Yep. Right here.

https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/

If you like aromatics, give Rumcake, Vermont Maple Cavendish, and Lorde Nelson a go. There are loads of blends, including Englishes and others, and there have been a few recommendation threads here about them.

Ellis You

Yep. Right here.

https://www.wilkepipetobacco.com/

If you like aromatics, give Rumcake, Vermont Maple Cavendish, and Lorde Nelson a go. There are loads of blends, including Englishes and others, and there have been a few recommendation threads here about them.
I took your advice on those last month and you nailed it. Rumcake and VMC are very good. I added 4 oz of Lizzie Blood Virgnina to that order and it's turned into a favorite. I agree that the orange takes it to another level on LBV and will have to order more soon. I'll probably add Lord Nelson to the next order, too.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
I am taken notes for when i put my order in, the Lizzie Blood sounds like a good blend, Rum Cake for sure. what good mild Englishes or Va-Per blends can any of you guys recommend?
The Lizzie Blood is the only VaPer John has. Safari and Surbrug’s West Minster probably are in your wheel house. If you don't mind a little burley, try Gentry Royal Blend #2, Surbrug's Best Make, No. 193, and No. 72 . If you like Oriental forward blends that aren't power houses, here's a few suggestions: No. 111, No. 176, No. 188. If you like yenidje, these are mild enough for your taste: No. 176 and No. 44.

No. 436, No. 524 and Crystal Palace (which is very popular) are medium strength, but you may have some interest in them.

You should check out my reviews at TR, and see which ones fits you best.

blackmouth210

Patron
The Lizzie Blood is the only VaPer John has. Safari and Surbrug’s West Minster probably are in your wheel house. If you don't mind a little burley, try Gentry Royal Blend #2, Surbrug's Best Make, No. 193, and No. 72 . If you like Oriental forward blends that aren't power houses, here's a few suggestions: No. 111, No. 176, No. 188. If you like yenidje, these are mild enough for your taste: No. 176 and No. 44.

No. 436, No. 524 and Crystal Palace (which is very popular) are medium strength, but you may have some interest in them.
My problem is that ALL of that sounds great. :(