Haddo’s Delight (not hardly)

srgjazz

Just popped a tin from 4/21. I smoked this a long time ago and it was sweet and flavorful. This new stuff is not the same in any way. Cut flavor and smoke quality are in a word “horrible”. Very little flavor and the smoke immediately irritated my throat. I am continually disappointed with anything Pease or C&D related and have worked my way through many blends in order to reach this conclusion.

spicy_boiii

I've had Haddo's well aged and new, and I'm not a fan after the lid is first popped.

In fact, I don't much like Haddo's without being mixed. I find the topping to be off-putting and the long-cut perique makes the blend very inconsistent.

But with a fair amount of added blending Orientals, the combined mixture is a top 3 smoke for me. I just can't get enough of it.

If you don't like it, I'd use it as a blender, maybe make a plug with some other leftovers, or trade it to someone that likes it for something else.

MasterJoda

Just popped a tin from 4/21. I smoked this a long time ago and it was sweet and flavorful. This new stuff is not the same in any way. Cut flavor and smoke quality are in a word “horrible”. Very little flavor and the smoke immediately irritated my throat. I am continually disappointed with anything Pease or C&D related and have worked my way through many blends in order to reach this conclusion.
I really want to like C&D’s stuff, but the only things I’ve ever really liked if there’s has been Aromatics. I’ve not had a lot of G L Pease blends because of C&D blending them, I’m just not a fan of their VA’s, I think there is something there that doesn’t agree with me.

TrubkaJoe

I'd really like to want to help you with that.
Sales
Yeah, Haddo's is a weird one. I went through a phase when I kind of liked it, but it was brief. I've been chipping away at a 15 year old tin for two years now because that smell is really off-putting to me. People whose discernment I respect sing the praises of aged Haddo's, but yeah, not my thing at all.
I smoke a lot of GLP and C&D, and they make many blends that I enjoy a great deal, but they could drop 90% of their catalog as far as I'm concerned. As long as it was the right 90%. I also think they really shoot themselves in the foot by selling tobacco that's not particularly enjoyable to smoke for at least a year.

Gus

In my Moon
Patron
I like Haddo's and some other GL Pease's blends and I smoke them and I have in my cellar some cans of the ones I like, viriginias or virginias "seasoned" with perique, oriental, etc.

From C&D for years I do not buy anything, I have in my cellar some old tins, from many years ago, some day I will open them.

I think I have already expressed my opinion on this, in my modest way of thinking and enjoying tobacco, C&D has gone down in category a lot since the death of Craig Tayler, the blends are not what they were nor are they similar to anything else.

It is true that they do not always get the same materials to make the blends, but such a drastic change for the worse is not attributable to this, in my opinion, all brands have the same problem, and yes, they change over the years, but not in such a drastic way.

Top Bottom