Happy 100th Birthday, William Conrad!

I very much enjoyed the Cannon TV series. They say every TV genre has a 7 year cycle. In the late fifties and early sixties it was westerns. In the seventies it was detective series, after that came
Dallas, Dynasty etc. I always felt Conrad managed to stand out in a crowded field, somehow he was more realistic than most of the others, he looked the part.
Some years ago I bought a few issues of Pipes and Tobacco on e-bay. One contained an interesting interview with Conrad. From what I can remember, he had quite a collection of Charatan
pipes and he enjoyed Macbarens Scottish Blend, although I am open to correction on this.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
I very much enjoyed the Cannon TV series. They say every TV genre has a 7 year cycle. In the late fifties and early sixties it was westerns. In the seventies it was detective series, after that came
Dallas, Dynasty etc. I always felt Conrad managed to stand out in a crowded field, somehow he was more realistic than most of the others, he looked the part.
Some years ago I bought a few issues of Pipes and Tobacco on e-bay. One contained an interesting interview with Conrad. From what I can remember, he had quite a collection of Charatan
pipes and he enjoyed Macbarens Scottish Blend, although I am open to correction on this.
Conrad smoked Amphora Full Aroma, Amphora Mild Cavendish, and a multitude of Dunhill blends. Never heard he smoked the MB SM, but maybe he did. Wish I could see that issue of P&T.

Conrad smoked Amphora Full Aroma, Amphora Mild Cavendish, and a multitude of Dunhill blends. Never heard he smoked the MB SM, but maybe he did. Wish I could see that issue of P&T.
I've dug up seven of those P & T magazines I bought but unfortunately the article I've mentioned is not in those. If I find the one with the piece on Conrad, I'll get back with what it had to say.