Happy Accidents

lowercaseG

A couple years ago (I think), I bought a pound each of LBF & LTF. I had an ounce each left over with no jars left. I did have a jar with two bowls worth of McClelland Pastry in it. So I rubbed it all out and mixed them together. I opened the jar last week and have absolutely torn through it. Smoke after smoke of complete goodness. What was your happy accident?

tipofthelake

Reputable source, posts found on the internet
Patron
A couple years ago (I think), I bought a pound each of LBF & LTF. I had an ounce each left over with no jars left. I did have a jar with two bowls worth of McClelland Pastry in it. So I rubbed it all out and mixed them together. I opened the jar last week and have absolutely torn through it. Smoke after smoke of complete goodness. What was your happy accident?
I smoked some 965 in a heavily ennerdale ghosted pipe and really liked it, so now I occasionally mix a bit of ennerdale into lat blends. I really like the combination.

SmokeRings

Patron
I don't usually make happy accidents...but I like to tell Mrs. Smokerings that I'm proud of being the best accident she ever had lol.

I usually have a Franken blend of some sort going, I can't say it's ever been an atrocious smoke, sometimes it's definitely better than other times, but I can't decide if it's because I happen to be jonesing for whatever is standing out most prominently at the time or not, or if it just legitimately gets better or worse, I am inclined to the first theory, no real reason to push me that way, just a gut feeling.

JustScott

I had about a half-bowl each left of some Old Joe Krantz and 5:00 Shadow, and figured maybe it would be all right... The OJK filled in the "this needs more burley and punch" hole in the 5:00 Shadow, and the 5:00 Shadow took care of the "okay, it's good but a little too much most of the time" in the OJK. Just made a "wow" blend for me.
I'm also a big fan of 50/50 5 Brothers and Kendal Kentucky, though that's not exactly a "creative mix."