What's new

Hearth and Home/ Russ Oullete blends... what’s your favorite?

Jerry Ford

An unsung blend of his is Cerberus, which reminds me a bit of Nightcap. All of those Marquee series blends are fantastic, though (White Knight was my one of my first loves).

A couple of years ago, they discontinued a slew of his excellent Hearth & Home blends, like Admiralty, Armada, Mt. Marcy and Namaste. I have a good stock of those, but it's a shame they had to go. They still sell Ambassador's Blend and Larry's Blend, which are great smokes.

easterngray

So back in November I did pick up a tin of Viprati, as I mentioned I would in this thread. Though I can’t say I count it among my favorite of Russ’s blends, I am still enjoying it on occasion. A little dark-fired goes a long way with my palate and I think that’s what keeps me from really loving this. It is an testament to the breadth of Russ’s talent though. Is there no type of blend that he can’t sucessfully manage and add his own unique touch? We’re lucky. 👍

K Williams

Patron
An unsung blend of his is Cerberus, which reminds me a bit of Nightcap. All of those Marquee series blends are fantastic, though (White Knight was my one of my first loves).

A couple of years ago, they discontinued a slew of his excellent Hearth & Home blends, like Admiralty, Armada, Mt. Marcy and Namaste. I have a good stock of those, but it's a shame they had to go. They still sell Ambassador's Blend and Larry's Blend, which are great smokes.
I just ordered three tins of Cerberus about 30 minutes ago. 👍🏼

DrumsAndBeer

It's been a long time since I smoked any H&H blends, but I always thought that Virginia Spice was the cat's meow. My experience with H&H latakia blends is limited but I remember enjoying Larry's Blend. I once smoked through a tin of a discontinued blend called Darbyshire. Really liked that one but I think it was a one off, blended for IPSD several years back. Good lightly topped VaBur.

StompyMcFat

Glad to see Cerebrus get some love. One of the most full flavored English blends out there!

kxg

Patron
Hard to say. I have more than I’ve smoked. Anniversary Kake, Marble Kake, and Magnum Opus are all very good. I cracked opened a tin of Viprati for the first time tonight; oh my the tin note is fantastic. I’m smoking it as I type, it is impressive, fruity in a deep way, sweet around the edges and complex underneath. I need to get more of this stuff, my three tins might not last long! Finally, not a H&H but a Russ Blend; Bengal Slices, a brilliant blend.