What's new

Hearth and Home/ Russ Oullete blends... what’s your favorite?

I guess I haven't been around for a while. The past couple of years have been spent dealing with foot issues, which thankfully are now in the rear view mirror. It's humbling to see a thread like this. We are considering bringing back some of the discontinued H&H bulk blends as limited runs. If people want to leave a request, the one that gets the most responses will be the one we bring back first. As to some tinned blends being available in bulk - you can blame that on the FDA. We can only sell tobaccos in the form they were in on 8/8/16, so if a blend was only sold in 1.75 oz. tins, that's the only format we can use going forward. Of course, we can't develop any new blends under those rules, we are working on some innovations that will stay within the guidelines. I truly appreciate all the kind comments, and as far as issues with P&C go, we have made huge advances on the ordering issues, have worked hard to improve our packaging, have acquired some new brands and are working to expand and improve them and to develop new ones, and are now concentrating on getting our inventory levels up. We appreciate the folks who stuck with us and I hope that people who've had issues in the past will consider giving us a try once more.

Russ

Smokesum

I guess I haven't been around for a while. The past couple of years have been spent dealing with foot issues, which thankfully are now in the rear view mirror. It's humbling to see a thread like this. We are considering bringing back some of the discontinued H&H bulk blends as limited runs. If people want to leave a request, the one that gets the most responses will be the one we bring back first. As to some tinned blends being available in bulk - you can blame that on the FDA. We can only sell tobaccos in the form they were in on 8/8/16, so if a blend was only sold in 1.75 oz. tins, that's the only format we can use going forward. Of course, we can't develop any new blends under those rules, we are working on some innovations that will stay within the guidelines. I truly appreciate all the kind comments, and as far as issues with P&C go, we have made huge advances on the ordering issues, have worked hard to improve our packaging, have acquired some new brands and are working to expand and improve them and to develop new ones, and are now concentrating on getting our inventory levels up. We appreciate the folks who stuck with us and I hope that people who've had issues in the past will consider giving us a try once more.

Russ
So glad to see you here Russ. I've only been buying tobacco online for about 2 years, since my local b&m closed. I have had wonderful service from P&C. I think it's time for some folks here to get over their old grudges. My one and only complaint is that so many blends are out of stock. Not just "unicorn" blends, but many Lane, Peter Stokkaby, and even H&H blends.

So glad to see you here Russ. I've only been buying tobacco online for about 2 years, since my local b&m closed. I have had wonderful service from P&C. I think it's time for some folks here to get over their old grudges. My one and only complaint is that so many blends are out of stock. Not just "unicorn" blends, but many Lane, Peter Stokkaby, and even H&H blends.
The Lane and Stokkebye situation should be resolved. Last year Lane had a problem similar to the one we had in early 2017, so orders were delayed and some were lost in the shuffle. By now, that should be squared away. Our procurement people are really focusing on making sure that inventory is up to snuff and our levels are up by about 10% in the past month or so. It will continue to improve until we hit our goal, which is over 90% in-stock.

Russ

tipofthelake

Fire in big hole, small hole in face--WalkinStick
Patron
Even the out of stocks don't bother me (well maybena little). What bothers me is that I can't filter out items that are out of stock, and if there is more than one size option the only way to tell if any of it is available is to select the item.
But that's a problem with the website, not the service.

easterngray

Glad to her that your foot problem is behind you Russ! 👍 May it continue to be so.
I’m a huge fan of Old Tartan, and though I do have a bunch, I would be delighted to see it return. It’s a great blend, and really quite unique in my experience.
I do miss buying 8 oz. cans. I bought a bunch of Old Tartan and Fusiliers Ration both when they were available in that amount. Do you have an opinion on the wisdom of cellaring in those cardboard cans for years?
I was delighted to see Angler’s Dream return in the 14 oz can and have stocked up as result. Yes, cellaring bulk blends in jars is fine, but the larger cans are my preference.
Anni-kake and CBK in 1.75 oz tins would also be a welcome return!
Thanks for all the great blends! 👍

Old Tartan was modeled after a tobacco my father smoked. At one time, Philip Morris (and later, UST) made tobaccos for tobacconists in 'paint cans' with lever tops and they would label the blends for them. There were shops across the country selling the same blends under different names, not much different than what they do with bulks today. That one is kind of special to me because I'm reminded of my dad every time I smell it. I'll mark down one vote for Old Tartan.

Russ

Sentient.

Nearly lifelike.
Patron

Russ
Stupid azz gubmint rules. Your products are terrific. Having some marble kake after this Burley Kake. If you need a place to hide from them, let me know.

Mr Beardsley

Old Tartan was modeled after a tobacco my father smoked. At one time, Philip Morris (and later, UST) made tobaccos for tobacconists in 'paint cans' with lever tops and they would label the blends for them. There were shops across the country selling the same blends under different names, not much different than what they do with bulks today. That one is kind of special to me because I'm reminded of my dad every time I smell it. I'll mark down one vote for Old Tartan.

Russ
Make that two votes for Old Tartan. That's a great blend that took me by surprise