What's new

Help Identify Odd Cob?

Pilgrim

Found a pipe at a flea market today. It's one of the natural cobs, has a yellow filtered stem with a gold ferrule no less. On the bottom there's a sticker that reads 'Mild N Mellow' and Washington, Mo. On the shank are the words 'The Ozarks'. It's unsmoked and has a new filter in it. I'm about to load it up. Anyone heard of this one? Thanks

Pilgrim

At one time as I recall there were a couple dozen cob companies in Washington, MO.
Okay, yeah maybe. i was thinking since it has 'the ozarks' stamped on the shank, makes it look like a tourist gift ship item. Theres a corncob pipe museum up there but havent talked to anyone yet. i smoked it and it was good so for seven bucks, i did alright; course it's no DGErwin :)

Pilgrim

Good morning fellers; one more thing. All the ferrules on all my cobs are narrow and black. I'd love to buy a handful of these Gold colored and much wider ferrules. I've seen gold 'bands' but not these end caps. Where can i get them? Wider black ones would look cool as well. Thank y'all

Pilgrim

I use a DeWalt cordless drill, Dremel, various grit sandpaper and a good eye. Patience is Handy too, if you have some of that floating around. That reminds me I should order more.
i'm set then; thanks. need that range of sandpaper though. I found some ferrule made for like air comp hose that could work as well but finding the right size would be tricky

https://www.zoro.com/zoro-select-ferrule-38-in-pk10-2a734/i/G2189512/

i think your end cap idea would be easy enough to work with. i'm headed to the hardware in a minute :) thanks for the helpful ideas.
Hey, is it worth investing in Aristobobs 'cobfoolery' kits?