Help me date this dunhill tin please

Hi guys. I’m in the process of trying to label my meager tobacco stash with the appropriate date, at least purchase date, unless there’s an older date already printed.

Anyway, I’ve hit a dead end with this Standard Mixture Medium. My memory comes up blank. I’m guessing it’s maybe a decade old, but I’m not sure.

Can anyone give me an educated ballpark range on this?

C0D7057F-5D4A-4717-A1B3-08E77ACA2FD3.jpeg F04DFA5D-D957-47E6-A256-4DAC9082F272.jpeg D6BCD756-D44C-4C8C-B912-EC7981591A56.jpeg

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
I’m no expert but I suspect this tin dates from just after Orlik took over from Murray’s, so around 2005. Top of the tins says made in the UK and looks just like a Murray’s tin (made in Belfast). The bottom, however, says made in the EU which was never on Murray’s tins. I remember reading that when Murray’s ceased production they sent unused empty tins to Orlik who had taken over production. Orlik used the old tins until they ran out and then moved to the sticker label tins.

I think this is correct but it’s just as likely I have no idea what I’m talking about.

I’m no expert but I suspect this tin dates from just after Orlik took over from Murray’s, so around 2005. Top of the tins says made in the UK and looks just like a Murray’s tin (made in Belfast). The bottom, however, says made in the EU which was never on Murray’s tins. I remember reading that when Murray’s ceased production they sent unused empty tins to Orlik who had taken over production. Orlik used the old tins until they ran out and then moved to the sticker label tins.

I think this is correct but it’s just as likely I have no idea what I’m talking about.
No, think you’re on to something there. The UK/EU thing I think is pretty telling, and possibly makes this kind of an oddball.

Either way, I’m not popping this thing any time soon. Might even see if I can get any interesting trade offers, once I’m eligible for this trading forum I just learned exists on here.

tfdickson

Sales
Patron
No, think you’re on to something there. The UK/EU thing I think is pretty telling, and possibly makes this kind of an oddball.

Either way, I’m not popping this thing any time soon. Might even see if I can get any interesting trade offers, once I’m eligible for this trading forum I just learned exists on here.
I checked my cellar (closet) and this may help- I bought and dated this tin of Nightcap in October of 2004. Murray’s production. No white sticker covering the back, no Made in EU.

23508594-CEC3-4BFC-A6C5-C77788A82BD3.jpeg 251A633C-A48E-4701-86B4-F0E33E1F0850.jpeg