Home tobacco press

Mr_Houston

Here is a Gawith and Hoggarth video on how they make and press rope tobacco. GH Link

Something interesting around the 6:00 minute mark. They press black rope for 3 days after it has been stoved.

He says they press it at night, then release the pressure during the day, so it won’t get brick hard.

Should that apply to home pressed plugs?

officialgawithhoggarth

Here is a Gawith and Hoggarth video on how they make and press rope tobacco. GH Link

Something interesting around the 6:00 minute mark. They press black rope for 3 days after it has been stoved.

He says they press it at night, then release the pressure during the day, so it won’t get brick hard.

Should that apply to home pressed plugs?
I can't get the link to work?

officialgawithhoggarth

Nice! It's too bad SG's IG is so empty. Would love to see their current setup, since the SG+GH merge.
I have been trying to claim SG's instagram as it infringes our trademark as we now own SG but instagram are refusing currently to give me access or allow me to take over the account or remove it. It has never had any posts.
SG now runs out of GH factory and is to all intents and purposes just one company. Samuel Gawith is now a brand name of Gawith Hoggarth.

I have been trying to claim SG's instagram as it infringes our trademark as we now own SG but instagram are refusing currently to give me access or allow me to take over the account or remove it. It has never had any posts.
SG now runs out of GH factory and is to all intents and purposes just one company. Samuel Gawith is now a brand name of Gawith Hoggarth.
Fair enough, but please don't diminish SG's name! Some of their stuff is legend. I think they need their own communication.

officialgawithhoggarth

Why would I diminish the name?
We are Samuel Gawith's now. It is a brand produced by GH.
We own the trademarks and brands.
No one has ever posted on the SG instagram page, I have no idea if it was originally set up under the former company and old management. The only way to claim the SG account is to show it is infringing our trademark and IP. The if I can get access I can add content. Or merge with the GH account.
I am now actively building both the SG and GH brands.
There is not a "they" to do their own communication - it is me.

Last edited:

cossar

No one has ever posted on the SG instagram page, I have no idea if it was originally set up under the former company and old management. The only way to claim the SG account is to show it is infringing our trademark and IP. The if I can get access I can add content. Or merge with the GH account.

Well it speaks to your direct communication some that you took the time to join our forum - I know much more about the houses of Gawith Hoggarth and Samuel Gawith thanks to the information you've been posting. It's definitely appreciated.

Now excuse me while I scour the internet for unsold tins of Cabbie's Mixture...:)

Billy Joe

Thought he was passing through, but stayed.
Patron
I appreciate that you come here and share what’s happening in the SG/GH world. I’m also happy to see that both marques are vibrant and active.

Thank you.

Top Bottom