How many bowls a day?

kxg

Patron
When I worked for Premal we had a customer that we made a blend for. I cant remember what the blend was exactly but I think it was 50% latakia and 50% HGL. He ordered 5 pounds every month and would get upset if we were out of stock or there was a delay.
Holy Smokes! That has to be some sort of record. At 3gms/bowl, which is a pretty fair amount of tobacco, that is right at 25 bowls/day. That is assuming he wasn't squirreling some away. Even if he was, that is some solid smoking!

Isaac

Sales
Patron
On average, 2.5. One before work with my coffee and one after work/after dinner. On a good day, both one after work and another after dinner. (Today is a good day) :)
Weekends...usually the same, but with one or two more in the afternoon if not leaving the house.

ClintonvilleLeather

Sales
Holy Smokes! That has to be some sort of record. At 3gms/bowl, which is a pretty fair amount of tobacco, that is right at 25 bowls/day. That is assuming he wasn't squirreling some away. Even if he was, that is some solid smoking!
I think he used very large pipes like big Danish freehands but still it is more than I could ever imagine. That is just over 2oz a day.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
This time of year.... I'm lucky to get in a couple a MONTH. Thank the gods for General snus and snuff. BUT.... MMM is coming! I have a 4 day weekend coming up starting tomorrow, I think I will drag out all my meers and give them their pre-MMM cleaning.
Think how long your tobacco stash will last at your rate of consumption! Maybe I need to cut back.

mongo

Think how long your tobacco stash will last at your rate of consumption! Maybe I need to cut back.
I think I have probably two life-times of tobacco cellared up right now. Hela, I'm mid 50's right now... and at the rate I'm smoking... I have a good solid 30-40 yrs of tobacco socked away.
My goal is to smoke the bejeezus out of what I have so I actually have to buy more.

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
I've picked up smoking a lot more than I used to, due to my night time ritual of a pipe and a drink with my wife (she smokes cigs) just before bed time.
When the house has quieted down, with all 3 of the kids in bed and all chores finished for the day, we like to finish the day that way.

Other than the weekends, it's usually one pipe a day, most times with small bowls while having a little chat with my wife.
I've calculated that I go through about 50g (one tin) a month...

at that rate, my cellar will only last me only about 5 years. Time to stock up.

That said, I only started smoking pipes 5 years ago and have yet to finish tin number 20. and so far, I have not smoked
much from my cellar. Every time I finish a tin, I buy 3 more, smoking one of the fresh ones and cellaring the other 2.

JustScott

Between 5 and 8 a week, usually closer to 5 lately. I smoke between work and bed on all my work days, but on my offdays I am usually having snuff and snus. The snuffs I enjoy are fairly stout, as are pretty much all the pipe blends I enjoy. Eventually I'd like to have a pouch of snus in pretty much all the time and add snuff and pipes to that, without ending up a sweating nauseated mess. I'm still working on that second part, lol...