I did not know McClellands made fertilizer!

Hoosierpipeguy

Not a bad price when you consider it is 22 years old and what similar tins go for on the gray market. I figure I can buy 12 to 14 50 gr tins of something else I'll like as much or more for that price. If the right person sees the auction though, they'll snap that up in a heartbeat and feel like they found a bargain. Clever for sure with the listing but all it takes is one busybody to report it to eBay and it will be pulled I think.

Hoosierpipeguy

That's just stupid.
What is it you think is stupid? Calling it fertilizer to get around the eBay regs? Asking $125 for a tin of tobacco? Or someone willing to pay $125 for a tin of tobacco?

I personally think eBay bowing to the politically correct contingent and not allowing tobacco sales is silly and possibly stupid. I'm not sure what is stupid about the work around using fertilizer as a key search word as long as the guy ends up making the sale. I'm assuming this seller listed tobacco products in the past and has a fair number of regulars who check his sales. So if it works for him, I'd say it is kind of clever. As far as his asking price, I suspect he could get $150 to $200 for that tin so perhaps it was stupid to under price it. For many people, $125 means very little. So if they pay that for a 22 year old tin of tobacco, no big deal. Everything is about perspective.

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
What is it you think is stupid? Calling it fertilizer to get around the eBay regs? Asking $125 for a tin of tobacco? Or someone willing to pay $125 for a tin of tobacco?

I personally think eBay bowing to the politically correct contingent and not allowing tobacco sales is silly and possibly stupid. I'm not sure what is stupid about the work around using fertilizer as a key search word as long as the guy ends up making the sale. I'm assuming this seller listed tobacco products in the past and has a fair number of regulars who check his sales. So if it works for him, I'd say it is kind of clever. As far as his asking price, I suspect he could get $150 to $200 for that tin so perhaps it was stupid to under price it. For many people, $125 means very little. So if they pay that for a 22 year old tin of tobacco, no big deal. Everything is about perspective.
While I will agree with the "perspective" thought I will say that it is absolutely none of my business how others spend their money. I see things a bit differently on the subject at hand. I will refrain from further comment as I do not wish to create an issue on the subject.

psquared

DGErwin, my horse would like a word with you...
Patron
While I will agree with the "perspective" thought I will say that it is absolutely none of my business how others spend their money. I see things a bit differently on the subject at hand. I will refrain from further comment as I do not wish to create an issue on the subject.
You're polite that way Russ, one among many of your fine qualities. :beerchug: