IM Corona Pipemaster Question

Sterling

My wife wants a new lighter for Christmas but she has a specific request. The lighter has to be a push button and not a roller. She uses my Kiribi or Zippo and complains about it because of her nails. She was using a cheap Jetline that only held up about six months. I was considering getting her a IM Corona Pipemaster but can’t tell from the videos if it’s a push button. It appears to be. Can any owners of this particular lighter confirm that for me before I place the order? Thanks!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know why you don't have a tamper, all of mine do. I don't think I have ever seen an IM Corona lighter that doesn't have a built in tamper. Are you sure there isn't a hole in the bottom for one?
My pipemaster also has a tamper.

It's a perfectly adequate lighter, but I never use it because it drives me up the wall to try and hold the button down.

Your mileage may vary. Hopefully the original poster's wife does not suffer from arthritis.

Sterling

Thanks for all the input!! Since she doesn't like the flint lighters I am not so sure she will like this one if the buttons hard to hold down.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for all the input!! Since she doesn't like the flint lighters I am not so sure she will like this one if the buttons hard to hold down.
It's no harder than any other button to hold down.

It's just hard on me, personally. I also find a bic to be something of a challenge.

blackmouth210

Patron
Try a Ronson lighter like the one below. They can be found at Walmart checkout aisles for around $8.
If you can't or won't shop at Walmart, you can purchase through Amazon for about $10 and other online retailers for a little more than that.

Easy push button action. Reliable. Comes with decent-enough pipe tools. It uses butane. And it's refillable. So I don't think your wife will have any issues.

Of course, using this Ronson, you won't get the warm & fuzzy feeling that you get from lighting tobacco with a lighter that costs 10x as much.
But the flame coming out of this one will do the job as good as the flame coming out of that $100 piece.

I am a Zippo and Bic man, personally. But I have been using this Ronson somewhat regularly for a good while now and have had zero problems.

Nothing wrong with using lighters sold for $100, $200, $400, etc, if that's what you want.
I just wanted to provide you with a lower cost option that may solve your problem.

Sterling

Try a Ronson lighter like the one below. They can be found at Walmart checkout aisles for around $8.
If you can't or won't shop at Walmart, you can purchase through Amazon for about $10 and other online retailers for a little more than that.

Easy push button action. Reliable. Comes with decent-enough pipe tools. It uses butane. And it's refillable. So I don't think your wife will have any issues.

Of course, using this Ronson, you won't get the warm & fuzzy feeling that you get from lighting tobacco with a lighter that costs 10x as much.
But the flame coming out of this one will do the job as good as the flame coming out of that $100 piece.

I am a Zippo and Bic man, personally. But I have been using this Ronson somewhat regularly for a good while now and have had zero problems.

Nothing wrong with using lighters sold for $100, $200, $400, etc, if that's what you want.
I just wanted to provide you with a lower cost option that may solve your problem.

Definitely not opposed to WalMart. Thanks for the tip.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

These have plastic tanks. They fail prematurely.

JRock

I don't know why you don't have a tamper, all of mine do. I don't think I have ever seen an IM Corona lighter that doesn't have a built in tamper. Are you sure there isn't a hole in the bottom for one?
Mine doesn't have a hole in the bottom to put a tamper. I did a search for the pipemaster and found that the dimensions if mine is smaller than posted. But it looks the same and it is marked im corona. So you got me wondering if I might have an older one or something.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mine doesn't have a hole in the bottom to put a tamper. I did a search for the pipemaster and found that the dimensions if mine is smaller than posted. But it looks the same and it is marked im corona. So you got me wondering if I might have an older one or something.
The Old Boys all come in both "large" (with tamper) and "small" (without).

Maybe the Pipemaster used to have a "small" counterpart.