Is it just me?

Maddis

Sales
Or is the Smoking Pipes music they play on their videos remarkably similar to the Frazier theme song? Same key, same structure (admittedly a common blues structure with a quick 4), but very similar melody as well. I mean, it's not a Stairway to Heaven lawsuit, but I feel pretty excited about discovering this. And yeah, I need to get out. Who doesn't?

If you're not sure put em' on at the same time. Different tempos but it all blurs into a masala of PAD and 90's sitcom.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Davide-Iafisco/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=379453

Teddy Jeavons

Leaf and Leaf
Sales
Patron
Or is the Smoking Pipes music they play on their videos remarkably similar to the Frazier theme song? Same key, same structure (admittedly a common blues structure with a quick 4), but very similar melody as well. I mean, it's not a Stairway to Heaven lawsuit, but I feel pretty excited about discovering this. And yeah, I need to get out. Who doesn't?

If you're not sure put em' on at the same time. Different tempos but it all blurs into a masala of PAD and 90's sitcom.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/Davide-Iafisco/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=379453

Oh man. As a heavy consumer of both Frasier re-runs and Smoking Pipes videos, I don't know how I never noticed this before.
I also never knew Gary Burton composed that theme.

Yosemite

Klingon Ambassador to Terra
hmmm.... I had to go listen... there is certainly a bit of commonality between them... I often kill the sound on videos that usually use DRM-free noise....stuff sometimes drives me nuts-I got so tired of youtube pulling my choices and trying to ram soulless dreck on me I even wrote some vile stuff on the quick with garage band for a couple of my videos....and I'm certainly no composer but at least it wasn't canned noise

Deus Ex Fumus

Jazz scales and modes tend to overlap a lot. You’ll hear a lot of familiar stuff when It comes to improvisational stuff.
So: “Hey, Jimmy, gimme some backdoor in C!” sets a specific chord progression they noodle around in. This means they’ll riff around C, Fm7, Bb7, C maj7. So maybe it’s just a similar arrangement? Someone who has a more in-depth knowledge of jazz maybe able to explain it better.

Maddis

Sales
Jazz scales and modes tend to overlap a lot. You’ll hear a lot of familiar stuff when It comes to improvisational stuff.
So: “Hey, Jimmy, gimme some backdoor in C!” sets a specific chord progression they noodle around in. This means they’ll riff around C, Fm7, Bb7, C maj7. So maybe it’s just a similar arrangement? Someone who has a more in-depth knowledge of jazz maybe able to explain it better.
I know what you mean, but this has some striking similarities. It may well be due to chance, or whoever wrote the SP theme had it in their head - all that stuff happens in the re/creation of music, just like language. But this one is striking. It's the melody and the chord voicings I think.