What's new

Is my pipe tobacco still good? (pic heavy)

I was going through my pipe tobacco I have left from when I had to take a break a year ago. Just curious, if it is still good. It smells fine and I don't see any mold. The McClelland Christmas pipe tobacco is a little dry. My favorite the capstan blue seems perfect and my mixed blend of pipe tobacco log I made, looks and smells good. The two jars ofTewksbury hobbits weed is still moist and smells good. If you guys and gals could let me know what you think, It would be much appreciated. Thank you 20190613_101829.jpg 20190613_111359.jpg 20190613_110743.jpg 20190613_111123.jpg

Shoot, I thought I included the reason when I asked my question. Thank you for asking, tipofthelake.
My tobacco was forgotten due to much more important worries at the time in my upstairs room. Where the temperature fluctuates quite a bit. During the summer it can be 90 degrees plus and a touch cold in the winter.

Last edited:

Sir Saartan

The Tan Saarlander
Shoot, I thought I included the reason when I asked my question. Thank you for asking, tipofthelake.
My tobacco was forgotten due to much more important worries at the time in my upstairs room. Where the temperature fluctuates quite a bit. During the summer it can be 90 degrees plus and a touch cold in the winter.
After reading so much about tobacco blending, including drying, heating, stoving and what not, my take on this is:
I firmly believe that temperature changes will not destroy your tobacco. It will most likely change the flavor profile
of some blends, so you may not get the taste you were expecting from any given blend. I don't expect the changes
to be too drastic, as the temperature changes have not been too extreme nor for a very long period of time.

so in my opinion, this tobacco is absolutely smokable. It would still be interesting to know how the flavor
compares to a fresh tin.