What's new

Issues with Luca at Neatpipes

sfduke

Sales
Anyone actually have a successful purchase from Luca at Neatpipes recently? At the point that I have no faith the pipe purchased ordered on 2/13 will be received.

So far have received all sorts of excuses from the pipe was shipped, was being held by customs, and now being returned to him. However, he refuses to provide a tracking number to support any of his claims.

Four out of 5 emails go unanswered and when replied, his response does not address when the pipe will arrive. This from someone who used to be a reputable vendor. Shipping was always 2-day via FedEx. Ready to contact PayPal for a refund within the 30 day period.

Used to be a frequent customer of Neatpipes before he shut down the website. This is my first order since he reopened and have to say it is very disappointing.

Oouder

Honestly he was like that to me back in the day when I ordered the one and only pipe I ever got from him. This was when he first did the neatpipes own radice chubby billiards maybe 09-10. The pipe took around 2 months to arrive and I was pretty furious about it. Sent a few scathing emails after the first few were ignored. He pretty much ignored those too.

I’ve ignored his emails since. :)

I know you were looking for recent feedback but reading your post felt all too familiar. Good luck man! Mine did show.

leacha

░░░░░
Sales
If you purchased with a CC and it's a good one (gold+) call them up and explain what happened. If you're a good customer they will credit your account for the charge. I've done that 4 or 5 times. Never had a problem. One time afterwards my items even showed up.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff member
Launch the complaint with paypal. It's an unforgiving process for the vendor and will light a fire under him. The money you sent becomes trapped until it's resolved, and basically the vendor has to prove that they've done everything right - ie provide tracking etc. They have to make sure you get the item, period.

I got nothing... nothing... for this kind of BS from vendors. Used to be.... they are gone now, but there used to be an online vendor called vegassmokes. Same game. "Yeah we shipped it but it got lost, so we'll ship you this other one which is even better!" Buncha crap.

dmkerr

Fabulously non-descript
Staff member
While I never advocate boycotts, I feel it is important when you have these kinds of situations pop up that you make the community aware so folks can .make informed decisions.
Agree 100%

When I was in Key West a few weeks ago, I walked past a jewelry store. Outside were 3 men holding signs that said "Rip Off Store" with arrows pointing to the jewelry store. So I tried. I was arrested. The moral is "don't boycott"... or at least, don't take boycotters literally.

Agree 100%

When I was in Key West a few weeks ago, I walked past a jewelry store. Outside were 3 men holding signs that said "Rip Off Store" with arrows pointing to the jewelry store. So I tried. I was arrested. The moral is "don't boycott"... or at least, don't take boycotters literally.
If only they had put a hyphen in “Rip-Off.” Then it would have been clear it was a compound adjective modifying “Store.”
Grammar, it’s important.

sfduke

Sales
I documented my problems with “Neat Pipes” in another forum. I was fortunate that Leonardo from AlPasia got involved and resolved the matter entirely. I’ve not darkened his web site since and an surprised he is still in business. Good luck to you.
I remember your issue with the thin walls of the shank. Good thing we now have a direct contact with the Radice family with the POY :)