What's new

Issues with Luca at Neatpipes

sfduke

Sales
Sad to say tracking shows package has not moved since Thur. No faith the pipe with ever arrive.

Luca decided to ship using FedEx economy service that take two weeks even though paid for shipping.

No choice but to request for a full refund now. Will see if he complies or if I need to submit a dispute with PayPal. Not going to let this drag past the 30 days window.

Note to all, buyer beware...

sfduke

Sales
Sad to say tracking shows package has not moved since Thur. No faith the pipe with ever arrive.

Luca decided to ship using FedEx economy service that take two weeks even though paid for shipping.
Clarification. FedEx says two weeks. Luca says four days. Still does not change the fact the package has not moved after pickup. Will see who is right on Monday. Very frustrating.

sfduke

Sales
I did a quick google search to see if there was anywhere to leave a review for the business. Looks like the only available place is on Facebook. I’d suggest leaving a bad review to help warn anybody else.
There are other bad reviews on FB, but fine just posting on the pipe boards. A google search should find the feedback for those considering future purchases.

gnossos

Russian spambot
Patron
Clarification. FedEx says two weeks. Luca says four days. Still does not change the fact the package has not moved after pickup. Will see who is right on Monday. Very frustrating.
Often ordering from overseas I've found that tracking basically disappears after it's taken into Italian postal hands until it shows up at my door. I hope this happens for you.

I met Luca once at a Radice trunk show. I was unimpressed. Never ordered from Neatpipes.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
Often ordering from overseas I've found that tracking basically disappears after it's taken into Italian postal hands until it shows up at my door. I hope this happens for you.

I met Luca once at a Radice trunk show. I was unimpressed. Never ordered from Neatpipes.
This is my experience, and also unfortunately the reason I sat out the POY (had to think about it a while then bought a Todd instead). Italy has some problems with their mail system and I've gotten the short end of the stick several times. I don't trust them anymore. It isn't the seller either. YMMV of course.

gnossos

Russian spambot
Patron
This is my experience, and also unfortunately the reason I sat out the POY (had to think about it a while then bought a Todd instead). Italy has some problems with their mail system and I've gotten the short end of the stick several times. I don't trust them anymore. It isn't the seller either. YMMV of course.
I’ve never had a bad experience ordering from Italy and I’ve done it a bunch. But I have heard stories.

It’s just any time ordering from overseas it goes from the country of origin to the US and enters a black hole. A UK purveyor once refunded me a non-inconsequential amount of money for a lost package just to have the package show up two months late, so I went back and re-paid.

Hoosierpipeguy

Not supporting this guys but tracking from other countries often sees it takes several days, and even longer, for the package to actually leave the country of origin. Particularly if a cheaper shipping method is used. I am speculating they cue up a batch to make it more efficient cost wise, hence, the lower rate. Most of these cheaper rates often involve handing off the package to USPS when they arrive in the USA. So if you take the same tracking number and use it in a USPS tracking search, you'll often find it once it has been handed off.

Regardless of all that, I'd enter a PayPal dispute to protect yourself. The way PayPal works, it will be difficult to impossible for him to overcome the dispute until he can show the tracking proof of delivery to you. That covers you.

sfduke

Sales
Think the sadest part of this whole situation is I have over 30 pipes purchased from Luca over the years. You would think that would mean something to a vendor.

Will give the benefit of the doubt to Luca and Neatpipes an extra day or two. I hope he will make this right which he seems to be trying, but only time will tell.

sfduke

Sales
Now Tuesday and FedEx is calling the package lost. No tracking info since pickup. Either FedEx in Milan has issues, having two packages with shipping issues seems too coincidental.

Just waiting for a full refund now. Found out PayPal now gives buyers 180 days to file disputes. Not waiting anymore and consider this a failed transaction.

leacha

░░░░░
Patron
Launch the complaint with paypal. It's an unforgiving process for the vendor and will light a fire under him. The money you sent becomes trapped until it's resolved, and basically the vendor has to prove that they've done everything right - ie provide tracking etc. They have to make sure you get the item, period.

I got nothing... nothing... for this kind of BS from vendors. Used to be.... they are gone now, but there used to be an online vendor called vegassmokes. Same game. "Yeah we shipped it but it got lost, so we'll ship you this other one which is even better!" Buncha crap.
I remember them from the old days. I never had dealings with them because of the scuttlebutt.

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff member
Now Tuesday and FedEx is calling the package lost. No tracking info since pickup. Either FedEx in Milan has issues, having two packages with shipping issues seems too coincidental.

Just waiting for a full refund now. Found out PayPal now gives buyers 180 days to file disputes. Not waiting anymore and consider this a failed transaction.
Actually good news for you, no more BS and you get your money back and can find a better vendor.

sfduke

Sales
Update for my fellow PSDers.

Dispute has been filed and escalated. Not surprisely, Luca is refuting the dispute.

Please spread the word to fellow pipers at upcoming shows and gatherings. We are a small community based on trust, good faith, and camaraderie.

Vendors like this have no place in our community.

sfduke

Sales
Final Update - After the FedEx packing being "lost" somewhere in Milan for 6 days, the tracking finally showed in Paris and make it across the pond within 24hrs.

Pipe arrived safely after a month from date of purchase. The pipe is the same as one the website but not a "fiammata" stamp grading as stated and did not come with the original sock.

Glad to finally close the dispute and put this purchase to an end. Easily the most frustrating purchase from any pipe vendor internationally and will never purchase from Luca at Neatpipe again (even if they are doing a half off sale with free shipping).

WalkinStick

May actually be The Devil
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
The pipe is the same as one the website but not a "fiammata" stamp grading as stated and did not come with the original sock.
Wait, so after all this, you didn’t even get what he described in the first place? Man, fiddle sticks that guy. I’m glad you’re happy with it, but I’d still be pissed if I was you.

Final Update - After the FedEx packing being "lost" somewhere in Milan for 6 days, the tracking finally showed in Paris and make it across the pond within 24hrs.

Pipe arrived safely after a month from date of purchase. The pipe is the same as one the website but not a "fiammata" stamp grading as stated and did not come with the original sock.

Glad to finally close the dispute and put this purchase to an end. Easily the most frustrating purchase from any pipe vendor internationally and will never purchase from Luca at Neatpipe again (even if they are doing a half off sale with free shipping).
Thanks for the update.
I'm with @WalkinStick on this one.
This would be very upsetting to me.

A Paypal dispute for a refund can still be processed because you didn't get what you paid for.
Paypal will even pay return shipping costs up to around $25.
Just putting that out there in case you would rather just have the money instead of a pipe that isn't as advertised.

If you choose to keep it, I hope you find it to be among your best smokers. Yoy deserve a silver lining to this story.