What's new

Jiminks Gets Interviewed.

Merk3030

Patron
Thanks for sharing the link @cigrmaster. I listened to it last night and was a great interview. @JimInks It was very nice to put a voice to the name and enjoyed learning about your passions and thoughts. On the comic side of things, did you ever do any work with the Disney Comics? My father is a huge Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge fan (Carl Barks/Don Rosa...) he can talk Ducks all day if anyone will listen...haha!

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Thanks for sharing the link @cigrmaster. I listened to it last night and was a great interview. @JimInks It was very nice to put a voice to the name and enjoyed learning about your passions and thoughts. On the comic side of things, did you ever do any work with the Disney Comics? My father is a huge Donald Duck/Uncle Scrooge fan (Carl Barks/Don Rosa...) he can talk Ducks all day if anyone will listen...haha!
Thanks for the kind words. I spent six years drawing Disney movie adaptations, and I never got to draw Mickey Mouse or any of the Duck stories, which was very disappointing. Those were either drawn by Don Rosa or by overseas artists who work cheaper. I'd have loved to draw Uncle Scrooge.

Merk3030

Patron
Thanks for the kind words. I spent six years drawing Disney movie adaptations, and I never got to draw Mickey Mouse or any of the Duck stories, which was very disappointing. Those were either drawn by Don Rosa or by overseas artists who work cheaper. I'd have loved to draw Uncle Scrooge.
Very cool! Is most of your work credited? I am going to have to go checking through all my collections. My prize comic is Bongo Comics Radioactive Man # 1. I used to collect all Simpsons related comics but the Comic Book store cancelled my box due to not having enough subscriptions. Between my father and I we had over 20 subscriptions, but they were all on hold or went out of print. Had that box for almost 15 years...new mgmt and not as customer focused unfortunately. I will go back after the ones I missed to sure up my collection one day...

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Very cool! Is most of your work credited? I am going to have to go checking through all my collections. My prize comic is Bongo Comics Radioactive Man # 1. I used to collect all Simpsons related comics but the Comic Book store cancelled my box due to not having enough subscriptions. Between my father and I we had over 20 subscriptions, but they were all on hold or went out of print. Had that box for almost 15 years...new mgmt and not as customer focused unfortunately. I will go back after the ones I missed to sure up my collection one day...
Most of my work is credited. A couple of times at Marvel, it wasn't, but those were rush jobs and the editors screwed up. That was never personal, and I was hardly the one one that happened to.

I tried to get work from Bongo, but never could crack that market. Not sure I wanted to sometimes, because they wouldn't return the originals to the artists, which was a turn off. Art return is a must! But, they did pay higher rates, factoring in the fact that they kept the originals.

As for your comic shop, that's bad business. Stupid business. When I ran a shop, I did not care how few titles a customer wanted. If that person wanted a subscription so they wouldn't miss an issue, I was happy to have their business, whether it was three comics or fifty. I always believed that if you took care of your customers, they'd take care of you.