Jim's Peanut Butter & Chocolate, and Peanut Butter Reviews.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
These two new Wilke blends came out today.

Wilke Peanut Butter:
Full disclosure: I am the co-creator of this blend. The star attraction is the deeply rich, mildly creamy peanut butter topping. The nutty, earthy, woody, toasty white burley has a very mild effect. The noticeable aspects of the Virginia and burley cavendish are light floral, nutty, earthy, woody, honey accents. The Virginia faintly offers grass, tart and tangy citrus, grass, bread, and sugar. The strength is a couple of steps past the center of mild to medium. The taste is just short of the medium threshold. The nic-hit is a notch past the mild mark. Won’t bite or get harsh. Has a few very light rough notes. The blend is a little moist, but I saw no need to dry it. Burns cool and clean at a slightly slow pace with a very consistent sweetness that extends to the pleasantly lingering after taste. Leaves little moisture in the bowl. Requires a couple more than an average number of relights. Has an attractive room note. Can be an all day smoke. Four stars.

Wilke Peanut Butter Chocolate:
Full disclosure: I am the co-creator of this blend. The very rich peanut butter topping is a little more obvious than the subtly deep, creamy chocolate. They are the stars of this blend as they synergistically meld with the tobaccos without totally drowning them out. There are some nuts, earth, wood, very light molasses and spice from the Maryland burley along with a touch of tart and tangy citrus, honey, bread, sugar, floralness, and grass from the Virginia. The Virginia is a condiment. The strength is a couple of steps past the mild mark. The taste is in the center of mild to medium. The nic-hit is very light. There’s no chance of bite or harshness, and only has a small hint of a rough edge. Burns cool and clean at a moderate pace with a very consistent, rather smooth peanut butter chocolate flavor that extends to the lightly lingering pleasant after taste, and appealing room note. Barely leaves any dampness in the bowl. Requires an average number of relights. It’s a easy going all day smoke that won’t wear out its welcome during your smoking day.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
Jif or Skippy?
These things matter!

Thanks for the write up J..

M
I'd say in-between. Skippy would have been too creamy, and we didn't want a blend that was rough either.

Btw, I should have mentioned that these were my ideas, but I am not being paid for them. I just wanted to see these ideas I had on the market. Same goes for Rougaroux.

DrumsAndBeer

I have a weakness for all things peanut butter. Looking at the blending components, I can see why this would work.

I might order some at a later time. I still have a sizeable amount of Rumcake and Wilke 515 to smoke through from my last order. I also have some Crystal Palace to smoke which is quite nice, but since it shipped with the others it also smells and tastes of rum. Lesson learned.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner
I have a weakness for all things peanut butter. Looking at the blending components, I can see why this would work.

I might order some at a later time. I still have a sizeable amount of Rumcake and Wilke 515 to smoke through from my last order. I also have some Crystal Palace to smoke which is quite nice, but since it shipped with the others it also smells and tastes of rum. Lesson learned.
I suggested to John that he double bag aros when he mails them with non-aros. If you haven't let him know that you had the problem, you surely should.

JimInks

Old Ted Award Winner

I just spoke to John Brandt, and read your post to him. John hadn't gotten much feedback on this subject outside of my comments, but he said he would start double bagging aros. Thanks for the prompt.