Jim's Pipe Collection.

JimInks

Sales
Old Ted Award
I got these this week.

A 2013 Mark Tinsky Coral 5 cherrywood with a smooth dark brown shank and bottom with a tapered black briar accented acrylic stem.
Tinsky_Cherrywood.jpg

A straight brown sandblasted 2022 bulldog with a brown accent on the cumberland saddle stem. A friend made this for me.
Glover.jpg

This is a much better photo of the unbranded James Upshall straight grain that I previously posted.
James Upshall_Canadian_Unbranded.jpg

JimInks

Sales
Old Ted Award
I know this is an old post, Jim, but what makes this one your favorite?
The style is timeless and sleek. Also, it brings a flood of memories back about the man from who I inherited it from when he passed away twelve years ago. Donald was one of the best friends I ever had, and he bought a lot of high end pipes, e.g. Ardors, Rinaldos, etc. When he bought that Barling, I told him that it was the first pipe he bought that for which I had some envy. Donald smiled and said, "Well, if anything ever happens to me, it'll be yours". He passed away from pancreatic cancer in 2010 at age 56, and I inherited his collection. Every time I have smoked that pipe, I remember that conversation, and I miss him.

JimInks

Sales
Old Ted Award
That cherrywood Tinsky is smart. I'm a sucker for that shape though. The only pipe design I ever drafted on paper is similar to that.
Thanks. I was shocked to get it. A long time friend of mine posted it about a month ago in the WAYS thread, and I told him what a great pipe it was. He decided I ought to have it since I liked it so much, and when he sent me some tobacco, he sent it as a Christmas present. As he smokes English blends, and I had been thinking about dedicating another pipe in my collection to English, this was an easy decision to make.
Thanks for sharing your collection and knowledge. It is appreciated.
I thank you for the compliments.

JimInks

Sales
Old Ted Award
Except for the last pipe, I haven't posted these unsmoked pipes, but I will put them into action as work pipes soon.

Pre-1981 GBD Prehistoric 864 dublin.
GBD_Prehistoric 864_dublin.jpg

An undated black sandblasted straight made in France Silvermatch Canadian.
Silver Match_Canadian.jpg

Undated Made in France Canadian.
France_LightBrown_Canadian.jpg

Undated Wessex Standard billiard.
Wessex_Standard_Billiard.jpg

I hated the lousy photo I've been posting of my 1918 Peterson Dublin 2 apple, so here's a better photo of it.
Peterson_PR_Dublin2_apple.jpg

Top Bottom