Latest Cigar Purchase

Tianlin

Well, I don't prefer to shop at CI . . . but sometimes I do it anyway. This is one of those times. We fans of narrower ring gauges have less and less to choose from, but I remember liking La Aurora and I don't have much faith that this size will stick around and they offered a discounted "introductory" price plus free shipping, so I can almost afford it.

A single box of La Aurora - Palmas Extra 6.7x35

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/la-aurora-cameroon-palmas-extra/2021915/#p-2021914

Roadsdiverged

Well since my first kid is graduating today I decided to overspend on cigars for myself.

Rocky Patel Dark Dominican
Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary
Rocky Patel Edge
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
Fuente Short Story
Fuente Special Selection
Brickhouse Maduro

Asked em what they sell their empty boxes for, she said since I spent "that much" she would let me have any that I wanted at any time.

I didnt think I did bad, it cost me around $60

Green Drake

Well since my first kid is graduating today I decided to overspend on cigars for myself.

Rocky Patel Dark Dominican
Rocky Patel 15th Anniversary
Rocky Patel Edge
Rocky Patel Vintage 1990
Fuente Short Story
Fuente Special Selection
Brickhouse Maduro

Asked em what they sell their empty boxes for, she said since I spent "that much" she would let me have any that I wanted at any time.

I didnt think I did bad, it cost me around $60
Nice selection! Congrats, my daughter graduated yesterday

Tianlin

Well, my birthday is in a week, and Fathers' Day isn't long after that. What with that and the fact that smokingpipes is offering a sale on cigars at the moment, I thought I'd take advantage of their high quality - if limited - selection. Two sticks each of Fuente Hemingway Signature, AVO XO Notturno, and La Flor Dominicana La Nox Petite, one of each for me and my father, and then two little La Flor Dominicana El Carajon for me as well as a single Macanudo Hampton Court. I haven't had a Mac in years, and I recall them being a bit mild for my tastes at the time, but I have learned to really love the milder stuff.

I don't know if I've had the Signature, but I've definitely had the Short Story and I love that. I don't recall ever having an AVO XO, but I adore the classic. I know I strayed from the classic at least one time, but I think that was Domaine or Signature. I've not had either of the LFDs I ordered but, again, I've really enjoyed their cigars in the past. I look forward to trying some new cigars. The Signature is a huge cigar by my standards - that's definitely one for my birthday itself. Need to dedicate a little time especially for one like that.

As with every purchase, this is the last for a while . . . :whistling:

Monkel

Well, my birthday is in a week, and Fathers' Day isn't long after that. What with that and the fact that smokingpipes is offering a sale on cigars at the moment, I thought I'd take advantage of their high quality - if limited - selection. Two sticks each of Fuente Hemingway Signature, AVO XO Notturno, and La Flor Dominicana La Nox Petite, one of each for me and my father, and then two little La Flor Dominicana El Carajon for me as well as a single Macanudo Hampton Court. I haven't had a Mac in years, and I recall them being a bit mild for my tastes at the time, but I have learned to really love the milder stuff.

I don't know if I've had the Signature, but I've definitely had the Short Story and I love that. I don't recall ever having an AVO XO, but I adore the classic. I know I strayed from the classic at least one time, but I think that was Domaine or Signature. I've not had either of the LFDs I ordered but, again, I've really enjoyed their cigars in the past. I look forward to trying some new cigars. The Signature is a huge cigar by my standards - that's definitely one for my birthday itself. Need to dedicate a little time especially for one like that.

As with every purchase, this is the last for a while . . . :whistling:
Happy early bday! Enjoy your sticks! That's awesome that your father also can enjoy a nice cigar.

Tianlin

Happy early bday! Enjoy your sticks! That's awesome that your father also can enjoy a nice cigar.
Thanks! And it is nice, though I actually find his smoking habits revolting - he often makes a habit of relighting a cigar multiple times over the course of a day or two for a big cigar. I tend to prefer smaller cigars myself anyway, and he likes them, too, so I try to mostly get him small cigars if I'm gifting him one, in hopes to cut down on this and increase the enjoyment he'll get . . . though it doesn't seem to bother him to smoke that way, obviously, so to each their own. But still, he'll often get Churchills or toros or lonsdales and smoke them for a long time, about 5-15 minutes per sitting. I wish he'd just smoke cigarillos instead, but hey.

I kind of view it like taking a half a sandwich out of a garbage can and eating it, though :sick:

But it will be Fathers Day and far be it from me to skimp on quality in the gift just because he's a weirdo! He still appreciates a fancy cigar, even if I can't understand how :shakehead:

Tianlin

Shortly after buying the above mentioned box of La Aurora Palmas Extra, they jacked the price up to around 120/box. That made me feel sad, lonely, confused, betrayed, and slightly dizzy. It's not highway robbery or anything, they're good cigars. But it's too much for me to afford on the regular.

But I just saw they're on sale for sixty bucks a box again. Hooray! After tax and s/h they still were under 75 bucks. If you like a good mild-medium panatella, I'd recommend snagging a box for yourself.

I was almost out, and that was a bummer. Now I can feel good about having just lit this one up.

Watchmaker

I've had great results storing my cigars in the Sistema line of containers. The one below holds 60-100 cigars depending on size of the cigar. I've had several with a large Boveda pack for several years. It depends on how often you open it but it proves the seal works. I cut up old cigar boxes and line the bottom for the cedar smell. It is approximately 9.5" X 8.5" X 4.25" Tall. They make bigger and smaller of course.

https://www.amazon.com/Sistema-1850...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=B3PM8PTJ33C8K6691APF

Tianlin

So, with the recent raise and all, I was already thinking of getting a box of something nicer than I normally would as a special treat. Well, I got paid today and I was sort of on the fence until I saw an awesome sale at Famous was going on. 24% off orders over $100 for most items.

Well, I was already considering a box of one of my all-time favorites, Griffin's No. 500, but after that sale they were just a hair over 100 bucks plus shipping. I tacked on a 5 pack of Don Diego Babies, and all together it was just around $125 bucks. But what's more, I recently was gifted a $50 Visa gift card at work, so this really cost me more like $75.

Not too shabby!

Olmstead

PSD Slow Smoke Winner
Bought some Cohiba Red Dot Penquenos; not quite cigarillos, but not quite big enough to call a proper cigar. Good enough size for me though, and just enough to set the hook back in me. No doubt I'll have a full humidor within a month. I love a good cigar during the summertime (which is short on Cape Cod)!
Independence_Day_2019.jpg
Never had Red Dots before. In fact I think the last time I had a Cohiba was around 2008. These are delicious little things. They'll be gone soon I'm sure. Anyway, I hope you all had a nice Independence Day and hope you enjoy the coming weekend!