Let's talk about the 'new' Condor

gnossos

the pineapple on your pizza
Patron
"A person online said that a guy at a shop told him that he's pretty sure that something is about to happen.."

Always the beginning of a great story.
And thread.
Yeah yeah

I know

Like don’t go nuts yet or anything but we were chatting about English tobaccos, the change in the flavor of Condor, and JTI and he mentioned it.

Probably shouldn’t have brought it up. It would strike me as an odd choice if JTI is making other pipe tobaccos given how ubiquitous it is in certain regions.

tipofthelake

Reputable source, posts found on the internet
A complete thread about Me , The Condor. It warms my heart and I tear up a bit . Thank you ! I read this thread in total each day before I head of to nite nite . Anyway , I am off for a 50 mile jog !
Watch yourself my man, you've been marked for "discontinuation"!:eek:
Better call the dogs into the house, load up a double, and sleep in the rocker facing the door.

Hawky454

Christ

I knew I shoulda shut up.
Lol. Your heart was in the right place. I’m set so it wouldn’t break my heart if it went away personally but I would shed a tear for the rest of the Condor clan. Might even get a tattoo of a tear drop in honor of the fallen Condor.

Hawky454

I’m finally getting to the new generic packaged Polish Condor Plug that was gifted to me by @KarlMaldensNose for the sake of comparing it to not only the Irish Condor Plug but also to the Polish Condor Plug in the old wrapper. This can get confusing so for now I’ll just compare the ‘new’ (confirmed) Polish Condor and the ‘old’ Irish Condor.

32883557-91E2-444B-95CC-DC7F30C79D13.jpeg

You can’t really see it in the picture but just by appearance alone this looks sloppy and not near as dense as the Irish Plug, it’s actually rising and I am easily able to pull it apart by hand which can’t be done very easily with the Irish Plug, those are as dense as they come. The smell? Well, I was really hoping to go against the grain on this but it doesn’t even smell like Condor! (Wtf!?!) I can’t even pick up on a whiff of the famous Condor essence, smells more like a Dark Fired Blend, it smells quite smokey.

Anyway, I’m about to have a meal and then I’ll give it the real test, I’ll load it in my pipe and smoke it but just by visually inspecting it and smelling it I don’t have high hopes for this one. I’ll be back with more at a later date. I told @craig I would tag him for this comparison as well.

Condor

I resemble that remark 😉... anyway , my Condor is not as you describe. It as dense at Salty Dogs... does not fall apart . Your picture is not as mine. Maybe different preps. I have to shave it off then cut it up . I got it from oversees mailing . As I type I do not remember the sender but an Irish source. From the serial number it is not the old Condor for sure .

craig

I’m finally getting to the new generic packaged Polish Condor Plug that was gifted to me by @KarlMaldensNose for the sake of comparing it to not only the Irish Condor Plug but also to the Polish Condor Plug in the old wrapper. This can get confusing so for now I’ll just compare the ‘new’ (confirmed) Polish Condor and the ‘old’ Irish Condor.

View attachment 36534

You can’t really see it in the picture but just by appearance alone this looks sloppy and not near as dense as the Irish Plug, it’s actually rising and I am easily able to pull it apart by hand which can’t be done very easily with the Irish Plug, those are as dense as they come. The smell? Well, I was really hoping to go against the grain on this but it doesn’t even smell like Condor! (Wtf!?!) I can’t even pick up on a whiff of the famous Condor essence, smells more like a Dark Fired Blend, it smells quite smokey.

Anyway, I’m about to have a meal and then I’ll give it the real test, I’ll load it in my pipe and smoke it but just by visually inspecting it and smelling it I don’t have high hopes for this one. I’ll be back with more at a later date. I told @craig I would tag him for this comparison as well.
Thanks hawky, just looking at that it looks completely different it looks almost like a crumble cake, the old plug looked almost stg dense with the same neatness.... Such a shame.