Let's talk about the 'new' Condor

Lunter

Patron
My only experience with Condor was a gracious sample from a forum member. After several bowls, it's still a top five smoke. Because it's so hard (expensive) to get here in Canada I never went after acquiring more. It's quite depressing to hear that the quality has failed so much.
Which seems very unfair that condor is not sold in Canada - we are all part of the commonwealth are we not? :)

Rotherdale

Pelargonium Graveolēns Et Sāpo
Patron
Gentlemen.....curiosity has got the best of me....I have two pouches of long cut in the mail....hopefully will be here tomorrow. ....I will post my thoughts.
I've been curious too Craig re the latest stuff .. I've been in Doncaster today so I stopped by Massarellas B&M and picked up a 50g pouch

A file pic of Massarellas and a shot of the dreaded 'B' batch number which confirms Poland production

The baccy itself (comparing to the pics on page 1 of the thread the flakes appear to have a little more bright leaf in them)

I'm just finishing a bowl now and my initial impression is that it's changed for the better a little

*More of a 'moment' on opening the pouch
*More sauce on the baccy, there's more of the Condor taste there when smoking - I knew there would be when I smelt the pouch
*The underlying baccy seems to have changed slightly - I've always found the Polish stuff a little bitter/sour, it doesn't seem quite as pronounced now

As I say a little better .. and it is a little .. but welcome all the same

If we give the chaps in Polska another ten years they may well have cracked it

tipofthelake

Reputable source, posts found on the internet
I've been curious too Craig re the latest stuff .. I've been in Doncaster today so I stopped by Massarellas B&M and picked up a 50g pouch

A file pic of Massarellas and a shot of the dreaded 'B' batch number which confirms Poland production

The baccy itself (comparing to the pics on page 1 of the thread the flakes appear to have a little more bright leaf in them)

I'm just finishing a bowl now and my initial impression is that it's changed for the better a little

*More sauce on the baccy, there's more of the Condor taste there when smoking - I knew there would be when I smelt the pouch
*The underlying baccy seems to have changed slightly - I've always found the Polish stuff a little bitter/sour, it doesn't seem quite as pronounced now

So in 8 years production moves to the Estonia, right?

That looks more convincingly Flake-like than the last pouch I got

craig

I'd say a lot better, the last time I tried longcut was when it first re emerged, opening the pouch that familiar scent is back in smoking I found it a touch muted but I also found that with Irish production.
However the baccy Base is much more palatable and it plays nicely with the flavour.
However it still isn't up there with there he Irish but any improvement is better than none.
It's one I can happily smoke again, I and hols got 2 pouches of the blended so I'm giving that a shot tonight.

FrankHall

Won't Curse You
Sales
I enjoyed the Polish-made plug. I just didn't enjoy it enough to keep paying the cost of getting it from overseas ;)
"rat bastard" here :) - I'm glad there are those who like it. I'm sending out some faux-Condor experiment samples to a few people today, including some of my Polish Condor plug, but I'll save the rest for you, as I'm sure we'll do some sort of trade in the future. I also have one unopened plug that I will never open.