What's new

Lighters! Do you collect / accumulate them?

Ducksbreath

Old Duck....
Patron
I have two Corona old boys. One has been in the trunk of my car for 2 years, lol, packed up and ready to go back to get fixed. Now the other one is misbehaving (about 4 years old). So I'm using good butane, but it takes 6-10 or so strikes of the flint to get a flame, sometimes more. I bled it and refilled it, same problem. Changed the flint. Am I missing something ?

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
In my quest to find a suitable
lighter other than a Zippo,
I’ve come across a Sarome
that is very well built, and
is quite reasonable price wise.
We shall see how it holds up
long term, but for now,
i’m impressed.
3FF7902B-97CF-446C-B23D-FF948C77E3BB.jpeg
A1CD02C3-CC24-4413-8DD8-8B34FD9F8B8B.jpeg
Hands down, it tops that similar
lighter I bought for almost the
same price. It weighs more,
and feels very solid.

KevinK

inspiration, move me brightly
Patron
In my quest to find a suitable
lighter other than a Zippo,
I’ve come across a Sarome
that is very well built, and
is quite reasonable price wise.
We shall see how it holds up
long term, but for now,
i’m impressed.
View attachment 10994
View attachment 10995
Hands down, it tops that similar
lighter I bought for almost the
same price. It weighs more,
and feels very solid.
Butane I take it?

simplepipes

Patron
sp,

I take it you got rid of it?
Any particular reason why?
The Sarome Pipe Lighter was a great lighter but developed a fatal leak . . .

I have disposed of all dead soldiers as I am no longer interested in paying high sums for purchase / repair / restoration . . . Corona Slim, Corona Old Boy, Dunhill Roll-A-Gas, Karibi, Pipe Master, Sarome and so on . . . all gone.

Have been using the Clipper for several months and will remain in the disposable camp (although these are easily refillable).

Will not return to expensive fire . . .

-sp

Last edited:

snake

permanent ankle biter
Sales
Patron
The Sarome Pipe Lighter was a great lighter but developed a fatal leak . . .

I have disposed of all dead soldiers as I am no longer interested in paying high sums for purchase / repair / restoration . . . Corona Slim, Corona Old Boy, Dunhill Roll-A-Gas, Karibi, Pipe Master, Sarome and so on . . . all gone.

Have been using the Clipper for several months and will remain in the disposable camp (although these are easily refillable).

Will not return to expensive fire . . .

-sp
Makes perfect sense.

Green Drake

I have two Corona old boys. One has been in the trunk of my car for 2 years, lol, packed up and ready to go back to get fixed. Now the other one is misbehaving (about 4 years old). So I'm using good butane, but it takes 6-10 or so strikes of the flint to get a flame, sometimes more. I bled it and refilled it, same problem. Changed the flint. Am I missing something ?
Every so often I have a similar issue and I have to give my Old Boy a bit of a scrub. I use a pipe cleaner and vodka to clean the gas nozzle and striker wheel. Seems to fix the problem.