What's new

Looking for a B&M in Spokane Valley WA/ID border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminus

Drink Water, Walk It Off
Patron
Heading over to the WA/ID border for family stuff (East Spokane area) and I am looking for a real pipe tobacconist. I won't have my own wheels so it might be a one-shot deal and hope to find some tins. Any suggestions would be great.

I can assure you that Tobacco World has pipe tobacco. They have over 50 bulk blends and over 25 different tins of pipe tobacco. Don't know what 5star if referring too but you might give them a try. They have been around since
1974 so they must be doing something right.

5star

I can assure you that Tobacco World has pipe tobacco. They have over 50 bulk blends and over 25 different tins of pipe tobacco. Don't know what 5star if referring too but you might give them a try. They have been around since
1974 so they must be doing something right.
I like Doug at Tobacco World. Terrific fellow. I’ve gone to the shop for years. That said, I don’t consider them to have a very large variety of pipe tobacco. Maybe 20 different tins and 20 different jars of bulk. (If they’re stocking more now, that’d be great. Post a photo.) It is true that Tobacco World is the one and only real option in Spokane.
With a state tax that doubles the retail price of pipe tobacco, it’s very tough on pipe tobacco shops. There are very few of them carrying premium pipe tobacco in that state. The situation is much better for cigars. Pot shops are all over the place and doing a booming business.

5star

By the way, I do buy from Doug at Tobacco World when I’m in town. He’s a great guy & I try to give him some business. But it’s very hard to buy much baccy when the price is doubled. That’s not his fault or that of other pipe baccy shops in Washington State. It’s their politicians who have no problem heavily taxing small groups who have relatively little money to defend themselves in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.