What's new

Sold! Loooooong Pipes (Four Canadians)

J Anthony

Sales
I’ve returned to the US and have moved into a loft apartment. Suffice it to say that when everything is in one large room, the massiveness of one’s pipe collection becomes obvious. So here I am doing some much needed paring down. Pipes are being sold as-is. Everything should be good to smoke, but there will be some level of oxidation on most vulcanite stems. I’ll make a note if it’s particularly bad. I’m happy to entertain reasonable offers. Price includes CONUS 1st Class or Priority Shipping. Feel free to message with any questions.

I definitely have a fondness for long shanked pipes. Here's four up for sale. Up first, a couple of vintage Petersons. I can't speak with certainty, but I think these are both from the 60s/70s. Both are in lovely shape and are fine smokers.

Peterson Donegal Rocky #264. This old style of Donegal Rocky rustication has a great look and really interesting feel. Fishtail stem. It could be a replacement, but I think the P is just long gone.

Length: 6"
Bowl height: 1 3/4"
Chamber diameter: 11/16"
Chamber depth: 1 1/2"
Weight: 34.5 g (1.22 oz)

Price: $45 (sold pending payment)

Last edited:

J Anthony

Sales
Peterson Kapet #265. Interestingly, I've seen 263 as an old Peterson Canadian number, but 265 (at least in the Old English Collection) is a billiard. This pipe is nonetheless a smaller version of the Peterson Canadian shape that you don't see as much in modern production. This pipe has a slightly off-kilter cross grain with an ordinary right flank and left just bursting with birdseye. P-lip stem, and the inset P is still clear but no longer filled.

Length: 5 1/2"
Bowl height: 1 1/2"
Chamber diameter: 11/16"
Chamber depth: 1 1/4"
Weight: 26.9 g (0.95 oz)

Price: SOLD

Last edited:

J Anthony

Sales
If I'm not mistaken, this pipe came to me from @Teddy Jeavons a bit over a year ago. It's a Ser Jacopo coral dot era. It had been refinished, hence the bargain price. This is basically how it came to me, as I've put at most six bowls through it. It is an excellent smoker.

Length: 6 1/"4
Bowl height: 2 1/8"
Chamber diameter: 3/4"
Chamber depth: 1 3/4"
Weight: 47.9 g (1.69 oz)

Price: SOLD

Last edited:

J Anthony

Sales
This is easily the looooongest pipe of these four. It's basically a churchwarden Canadian. That shank is a full 6 1/2" long. I have two Boswells, and both came from the same update several years ago. I bought the first, but this had caught my eye. When it was actually still available a couple weeks later I had to snag it.

Length: 10 1/4"
Bowl height: 2"
Chamber diameter: 13/16"
Chamber depth: 1 5/8"
Weight: 87.4 g (3.08 oz)

Price: $95 SOLD

Last edited: