Lot Of Pipes Question

BlueMaxx

Patron
Does anybody see anything in here worth giving a serious look at?
Upcoming estate auction, and it is only visible online, cannot go look at them.
I don’t know enough about old pipes to tell whether there is anything worth having.

A2E85BD2-3C9A-482E-A383-11104DC74966_1_201_a.jpeg

img.axd (1).jpeg
E89F00B9-45A4-46EB-A0D7-83E5B46B04BD_4_5005_c.jpeg
3D21E8F1-E891-4CAB-98BC-B4A3EC3E262E.jpeg
527AE7AE-9BD8-4238-BD33-84DF4351DC3E_4_5005_c.jpeg

Right now it is at $22.00 and and 8 days left...

Any input would be most appreciated,

Thanks...
M

Sasquatch

Wizzard
Staff member
I don't see any high end pipes there, lots of kaywoodie/grabow types... obviously if those two cases contain 1920s Dunhills that would be tremendous but i's more likely they contain nothing or broken meerschaums, right? So I mean, what a guy gets into paying for a random handful of pipes like this, I guess it might depend on if resto is a hobby or if you love woodies and see a shape you want.... But I'd be trying to snag that for 50 bucks I think, and first I'd want to see those cases open.

BlueMaxx

Patron
I don't see any high end pipes there, lots of kaywoodie/grabow types... obviously if those two cases contain 1920s Dunhills that would be tremendous but i's more likely they contain nothing or broken meerschaums, right? So I mean, what a guy gets into paying for a random handful of pipes like this, I guess it might depend on if resto is a hobby or if you love woodies and see a shape you want.... But I'd be trying to snag that for 50 bucks I think, and first I'd want to see those cases open.

I will send them an email and see if they can open them up to see whats inside.
Thanks so much!
M

The Postman

I have won a couple online auctions like this. There are usually some in the lot with cracked shanks and stems beyond repair. But...most of my pipes are these cheap auction pipes. Some I have restored myself and the more gnarly ones I send off. Usually with what I pay at auction and the few I send off Im only in about $10-$15 a pipe and I have a good rotation of pipes laying around. Just depends what your intentions are. Personally I dig this type of thing. With our local auction we can ask for more info, pics etc if you are interested so I would ask the seller about broken shanks and brand marks if you are worried.

Top Bottom