What's new

Love at first puff

JerseyPiper

So I read some comments on here about how some people need to smoke at least 1oz or a whole tin of tobacco before they can decide if they like it or not. For the most part, I agree. It probably takes a few or more bowls before you really know if you like something enough to stock up on it. Contrary to this, however, are there any blends out there that you loved the second you lit the first bowl? "Love at first puff", we'll call it.

I just loaded my first bowl of Dunbar tonight, and believe this is one of those blends for me. Too bad this is my only tin and its near impossible to get.

tipofthelake

Apparently I don't like the taste of tobacco
Patron
Bosun, Ennerdale, Grasmere, Coniston, and kendal flake were all immediate hits for me. Old Dublin took a few bowls, as did PA. Honestly, I like most things I have tried, but I watch what people are posting and compare them to things I know that I like, so I am not entirely flying blind.

blackmouth210

There are plenty that I thought I loved at first puff. Turns out it was just lust. ;)
This is why I reserve deciding on a blend until I've had a decent sampling.

The ones that I loved at first puff and are still great favorites for me are very few.
FMC, PS LNF, and STM are the only ones that come to mind at present.

The rest of my favorites took more than one puff.

SmokeRings

Generally speaking I'm with @blackmouth210 on this topic...until I've had a blend in at least a cob, and a briar, and at a few different moisture levels, packed a few different ways and if applicable rubbed out/folded/prepared differently I just don't feel like I have really seen what a blend can be and therefore prefer to reserve judgment...

All that said, if I like a flavor there is a good chance I will go through the bother of figuring out how best to smoke it.

JerseyPiper

There are plenty that I thought I loved at first puff. Turns out it was just lust. ;)
This is why I reserve deciding on a blend until I've had a decent sampling.

The ones that I loved at first puff and are still great favorites for me are very few.
FMC, PS LNF, and STM are the only ones that come to mind at present.

The rest of my favorites took more than one puff.
Hahaha, Ive experienced the lust before too, friend. The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long. I used to be all about the lat blends, but now its Virginias, vapers, and vaburs.

Was this only a one night stand for me with Dunbar? What even is love!?

PipeHaze

I do not need to work through a whole tin or pouch of something to find out if I like it. Most blends I have come to like, I know right away. Something that comes to mind in particular is Orlik Golden Sliced, first bowl I said wow, I see what everyone is talking about. Just a solid, mellow, quality tobacco that tis right up allley.

On the flip side there have been several blends I have come back to and glad I did as I didnt really know what I had the first time around. And also if really don't care for it right away, I'm ok with that too. Too much tobacco out there to be hung up on something I don't really like. There have been a few blends I used toike much better but now do not care for them as much as my tastes have changed or evolved.