What's new

Sold! M. Addis Volcano

mongo

This is odd.... the Volcano shape doesn't really appeal to me, even though I do have ONE pipe in this shape. BUT..... this particular pipe DOES appeal to me. Mr. Addis makes incredible pipes, and I wish that I could have this one, if I had the $, this would be a done deal. Someone really needs to buy this.... I can't understand why it hasn't gone yet.

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
Patron
While the finances of other folks is none of my business, and for what ever reason this one hasn’t sold yet it leaves me scratching my head. Such a unique and beautiful example of the volcano shape. Most folks here know how I feel about the pipes Maddis turns out. I thought this one would have been grabbed within minutes of it being posted.

I'm going to offer some constructive critique. A member here, who is a member at another website, took photos of two of your pipes when they received them and posted on that site. Your pipes look good here. The ones taken by the other person looked significantly better. The lighting was better so it showed the depth and colors much clearer. It would appear you are a superb carver but don't do your work justice with the photos. Just an objective 3rd party observation, I hope it is taken in the spirit it was intended. I saw a small white box with neon lighting on Facebook the other day that would be perfect (I think) for taking photos of pipes. It was $40 and change if memory serves me correctly.

Maddis

Sales
Sales
I'm going to offer some constructive critique. A member here, who is a member at another website, took photos of two of your pipes when they received them and posted on that site. Your pipes look good here. The ones taken by the other person looked significantly better. The lighting was better so it showed the depth and colors much clearer. It would appear you are a superb carver but don't do your work justice with the photos. Just an objective 3rd party observation, I hope it is taken in the spirit it was intended. I saw a small white box with neon lighting on Facebook the other day that would be perfect (I think) for taking photos of pipes. It was $40 and change if memory serves me correctly.
I have something like a $40 light box and "umbrellas" on two sides and the top. I may have to figure out a way to light from below as well. I refuse to alter the photos digitally except to remove any odd coloration when the white balance is off.

Do you have links to the other photos? Maybe I should hire this person.

Peacock

Resident Hipster
Patron
I have something like a $40 light box and "umbrellas" on two sides and the top. I may have to figure out a way to light from below as well. I refuse to alter the photos digitally except to remove any odd coloration when the white balance is off.

Do you have links to the other photos? Maybe I should hire this person.
I wonder if some of this is a compression issue from the file hosting service this site uses. The pictures I post on WAYS always look better than what shows up on the site 🤷🏻‍♂️ I mean, better equipment always helps but there may be some 3rd party variables unaccounted for as well