What's new

For Sale Maddis Apple

Maddis

Sales
Sales
This is probably my favorite shape pipe to smoke and one of my favorites to make. It's an apple of the type associated with Former. I call it a Former-Herbaugh because the first time I saw one was in Abe Herbaugh's shop and I was so blown away I bought it on the spot. This particular one has a crisp blast in a dark chocolate brown - you might even mistake it for a black blast based on the photos but it's really more dark chocolate.

Length: 5.22"
Height: 1.82"
Outside Diameter: 1.94"
Bowl Depth: 1.46"
Bore: .75"
Weight: 2.0 oz
Hand-cut German ebonite stem with a Zebrawood shank collar.

Blasted Apple 4-19 compressed.jpg Blasted apple 4-19 2 compressed.jpg Blasted apple 4-19 3.jpg

$300

Russ H.

Patron-Fight The Good Fight
Patron
Paging @Steve Wright
Have you bought a pipe yet this week?
Because I have a similar Former/Herbaugh M.Addis and it's a favorite of mine.
I also have a similar Maddis pipe--He called the shape a "Tom-Apple"--It is among one of the best smoking, and behaving pipes I have. No matter what I smoke in it---it shines, and remains nice, and cool, dry smoking. In general this shape is just simply eye catching, and nice in the hand.
If my wallet was a bit thicker I would snag this in a heart beat.

mongo

Wish the chamber was larger and I would be all over this.
Well, you know.... SOMETIMES you just want a slightly shorter smoke. And, I dare say... this pipe would be PERFECT for your needs. I have been a rather dedicated large bowl kinda guy, but have seen the light and see the need for a slightly smaller bowl such as this. So, @sfduke , I think.... that this pipe is calling you and your need for this size pipe. I can't think of a prettier pipe of this size that I've seen in a long time.... yes, it awaits you. (Fish on???)

sfduke

Sales
Well, you know.... SOMETIMES you just want a slightly shorter smoke. And, I dare say... this pipe would be PERFECT for your needs. I have been a rather dedicated large bowl kinda guy, but have seen the light and see the need for a slightly smaller bowl such as this. So, @sfduke , I think.... that this pipe is calling you and your need for this size pipe. I can't think of a prettier pipe of this size that I've seen in a long time.... yes, it awaits you. (Fish on???)
Definitely need the larger chamber. Realized I don't even touch the pipes with smaller chambers and have been sending them back to the pipemakers to open them us.