What's new

March Meer Madness

Steve Wright

Blissfully unaware
Sales
My smooth bulldog probably has twice as many smokes through it as my carved one, but the carved one has colored much faster. Further evidence that meerschaum coloring is a crapshoot.
Yeah I held the Genoa up to a fresh unsmoked Falcon Meer bowl and it has some colour but not a ton. Kind of disappointed really. I’ve smoked it quite a bit this month. In fact March has been all meers for me so far and this one has taken the brunt of the smokes.

Shisno

Finished up walking the dogs with the SMS and H&H Virginia Spice. Now sitting on the porch enjoying a beautiful 63F afternoon day before I head off for my work this evening.
3E8738F4-36F2-40A5-A200-FC2BF562F457.jpeg

The shank is starting to really show some nice yellow gold color to it. I’ve been smoking this thing usually at least twice a day every day since the start. It’s sometimes hit 4 bowls a day too. It should really look good by the end of this.
0E0CC1CF-832E-41F9-9665-3FFB66D016AB.jpeg

Steve Wright

Blissfully unaware
Sales
Finished up walking the dogs with the SMS and H&H Virginia Spice. Now sitting on the porch enjoying a beautiful 63F afternoon day before I head off for my work this evening.
View attachment 26871

The shank is starting to really show some nice yellow gold color to it. I’ve been smoking this thing usually at least twice a day every day since the start. It’s sometimes hit 4 bowls a day too. It should really look good by the end of this.
View attachment 26872
It’s hard to get the colour to show well in pictures isn’t it? My Baki has some nice colour but in the pics it looks bleached out.

Shisno

It’s hard to get the colour to show well in pictures isn’t it? My Baki has some nice colour but in the pics it looks bleached out.
It is. Inside the lattice it looks like the meerschaum is developing a nice rose color to it. But in the pictures it just looks like a shadow. But when you look at it in the sunlight with no shadows, there’s definitely color there.

WalkinStick

May actually be The Devil
Sales
Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
It is. Inside the lattice it looks like the meerschaum is developing a nice rose color to it. But in the pictures it just looks like a shadow. But when you look at it in the sunlight with no shadows, there’s definitely color there.
My meer Falcon bowl is like that. The whole rim is speckled with pink and rose, and it looks awesome in person. Can’t get it to show in pictures for anything.

Ozark Wizard

View attachment 26871

View attachment 26872
Pretty pipe!