Maybe this is an indelicate question but...

Arkie

Tell your family it is none of their business to start with. That they are "questioning" how much tobacco you have makes it seems as though they are more concerned that you are spending money on yourself instead of saving it so that they can have it when you die.
I think they are just teasing me. They know how much pleasure I get smoking a pipe. I mentioned them telling me about it because that is what made me start wondering "what if".

craig

Leave a note to your survivors instructing them to create a profile here after you pass. They should then ID themselves and give us the bad news.
Plenty of folks around here will be happy to help make sure things are done right by you, your pipes/tobacco, and your survivors.
Plus it would give folks around here a chance to offer up some thoughts and condolences rather than wondering "Whatever happened to...?" for the rest of our days.
actually that is a pretty good idea, could this be a possibility @JRobert @DGErwin11 ?

Condor

I've thought about it. Turns out I could care less about what happens to my collection of things when I slip the Mortal Coil. Burn it with me, bury it or dump it in the Thames, it won't matter.
Me too... I will not care about my stuff. My sons know anyway.... about the Flyfishing and shotguns. I told them about my Dunhills, but other than that it is their choice what to do.

Ozark Wizard

Patron
Old Ted Award Winner
Hipsters live in central and southern California- and mainly on the coast. Outlaws, rednecks, and hippies live in northern California. I do not have a silly mustache, my work clothes are actually work clothes, and if I am wearing suspenders it is done without irony. Also I have always believed that Pabst Blue Ribbon is horrible and there is never a good reason to drink it.
So, you must be one of those Murder Mountain folks, eh? Used to be a nice place up around the Emerald Triangle back in the day.... Folks just wanting to live off grid, commune with nature, all that...

Oh yah, I wouldn't poach a tofu dog in PBR. It will rinse off poison oak in a pinch though.

Condor

Well, I may sell a couple of my Dunhills here before the big day...as I did several months ago. Hey.... did I ever tell about one I may sell. More info when I do. But when I was in Key West at Sloppy Joe’s I met Hemingway. I was minding my own business and for no reason , he calls out to me “ Hey , fore eyes , you , with the stupid Boston accent!” ! And hunkered over me. So I simply slapped him twice in the face. His Dunhill flew off and I then picked it up , and said if he came near I would break it in half. He said , “ give it back”.... I said, “ ok , but what’s the magic word?” ... He said , meekly as I held it in both hands... “ Please!”. So I said .......” No, are you going to cry?””, and just walked out the place . He did nothing... true story... this will be one of the Dunhill I will be selling.

RubberSoul65

Misplaces Lighters
I have one tote filled with Esoterica blends and 1 tote full of McClelland blends. My wife knows Esoterica is on the endangered list and McClelland is extinct. She's a smart enough women to know what to do with them. The rest I could care less. I'm 53 and theres no doubt even if I live to a ripe old age that my cellar with outlast me. She knows what pipes were my dad's and what pipes I care about to keep them for my son's wether that smoke them or not. All those eBay estates that I went all crazy and bought years ago I could care less.

blackmouth210

Friendly Misanthrope
Patron
I have one tote filled with Esoterica blends and 1 tote full of McClelland blends. My wife knows Esoterica is on the endangered list and McClelland is extinct. She's a smart enough women to know what to do with them. The rest I could care less. I'm 53 and theres no doubt even if I live to a ripe old age that my cellar with outlast me. She knows what pipes were my dad's and what pipes I care about to keep them for my son's wether that smoke them or not. All those eBay estates that I went all crazy and bought years ago I could care less.
Why not just smoke the Esoterica and McClelland first?

Sly2517

My family is claiming I have more tobacco stashed than I could smoke in my lifetime. I figure I have enough to last me until I'm 80 years old. Anyway, my son no longer smokes and I started wondering what would happen to my stash if I croaked sooner than expected. Has anyone else pondered what will happen to their pipes and tobacco or has anyone made arrangements for their family to deal with it? The thought of 50 or 100 pounds of prime tobacco and/or 1,000s of $ worth of pipes getting tossed in the dumpster makes me cringe.
I do not have nearly enough but I would hope since I have no kids that maybe my nephew would take interest.

Yosemite

Klingon Ambassador to Terra
Patron
I suppose I should let a few people know....I don't have a vast or valuable collection but it would be nice for someone who would appreciate it to receive the stuff when I croak.... for years I've left contacts for my carnivorous plant collection....while not particularly valuable ,several are endangered species where we have more in cultivation than are left in the wild and preserving the genetic diversity is important

Jhelms

When my father passed away, my mom threw away my dad’s pipes and accessories. Her thought; no one would want to smoke his old pipes. I almost came unglued. Some of my fondest childhood memories were of him and those pipes. I would give anything to have them. I am leaving mine to my sons. I think they will know what to do with them.